DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid Insurance Asurion

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Droid Insurance Asurion

First the deductable (not disclosed) is $90.00. 2nd, you can't make the claim at a Verizon office they simply tell you to dial up Asurion for a long series of voicemails shuffles. Then, you must obtain from Asurion a claim form and send it in along with current picture i.d...Still not good enough they could not read the type written MEID numbers because they did not have enough boxies to accomodate the DROID. Many days now with no phone and no customer service from a very expensive but not customer service friendly insurance service.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    That bites. Maybe you speak with asurion corp and complain.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by pcraw View Post
    First the deductable (not disclosed) is $90.00. 2nd, you can't make the claim at a Verizon office they simply tell you to dial up Asurion for a long series of voicemails shuffles. Then, you must obtain from Asurion a claim form and send it in along with current picture i.d...Still not good enough they could not read the type written MEID numbers because they did not have enough boxies to accomodate the DROID. Many days now with no phone and no customer service from a very expensive but not customer service friendly insurance service.

The deductible has always been there... You might have to read thru the agreement.

VZW has nothing to do with this, since it is a third-party who warrants your Droid.

My experience with Assurion has been very quick (takes me 2-days tops). Maybe you were not so lucky... I feel your pain...
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I usually go to the VZW with my broken devices and the dial them up, then I get on the phone with the CSR and give then the info they need. A replacement shows up in a day or two.

Good Luck !!! Let us know how it all turns out for you !
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola & Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkidd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcraw View Post

The deductible has always been there... You might have to read thru the agreement.

VZW has nothing to do with this, since it is a third-party who warrants your Droid.

My experience with Assurion has been very quick (takes me 2-days tops). Maybe you were not so lucky... I feel your pain...
    Same here. Hint, call asurion don't bother doing it online.
    Droid owner since 11-6-09
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    have had about 3 claims with them and no issues. phones arrive quickly
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto freakin Droid
    This is why I have Best Buy Mobile Insurance we are testing it out in NC right now and it's AWESOME!!!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TEH ߀R DROID
    I've dealt with them alot in the past with my Voyager and I got my replacement phone the next day every time. It was always really easy. I think you just hit bad luck with them. Hopefully this will work out for you shortly!

Wagner
    If I owned an iPhone then I would think that iSUCK
    DROID FOR LIFE
    VIC DROID Member #1
    "So you took it apart and now it doesn't work? Why does that not surprise me?"
    "If I don't remember it, it never happened"
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Same here. Twice now. Both times had a new phone the next day. Those were $50.00 deductible, but for the Droid they raised it to $89.00

One thing that puzzles me - I never had to send in a picture ID. Is this something new now? It's been over 2 years since my last claim. And I did all the correspondence over the phone - they asked a few questions, including my cc # for the deductible, and zap - new phone was delivered to my door. Along with a return padded envelope for the broken phone. And even though they sent new chargers, batteries, etc. - all they wanted back was the broken phone itself, sans the battery! So I didn't feel so bad about the deductible as I got a new ac charger, cable, case and battery without giving up my previous stuff.

Hope your story turns out as well as mine, and the others chiming in here.

cuskit
  11. Johnly
    Asurion, FT, I have paid for their services too long, WTF, I have yet to use those rip offs....but if you are poor, use them, as they can help you into a new phone for the penny less....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links