DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: new email problem? Help

  1. Droid
    jedidroid's Avatar
    Member #
    1152
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    moto droid
    #1

    new email problem? Help

    I use comcast as my primary email account. Worked fine on Droid until yesterday.

    Now my email account on the droid with comcast email account only loads up emails from 10/6/09 and previous? WTF? It won't load up any current email from that point forward, today etc, all unread etc.
    Even If I delete them all off of the phone, it just goes back in time further and loads up emails from September?

    So far I have deleted the account from the droid 2 times, restarted the droid, manually put in the pop 3 server info and nothing works. gives me the same exact emails every time...

    Any ideas...this is so weird.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    jedidroid's Avatar
    Member #
    1152
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    moto droid
    #2
    ok so I went on to my comcast mail account via my PC and deleted all of the emails from those dates in october that keep appearing on the droid. now after doing that, the newer emails correctly loaded onto the droid after a refresh...

    I wonder why that happened? why wouldn't it have loaded the newer emails in the first place?
  4. Junior Droid
    Big4ce1's Avatar
    Member #
    10941
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Bionic
    #3
    My E-mail keeps closing with a force close and can not turn it off. It just keeps poping up. Any help for this?
  5. Premium Member
    mth04's Avatar
    Member #
    133
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,082
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    #4

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by jedidroid View Post
    ok so I went on to my comcast mail account via my PC and deleted all of the emails from those dates in october that keep appearing on the droid. now after doing that, the newer emails correctly loaded onto the droid after a refresh...

    I wonder why that happened? why wouldn't it have loaded the newer emails in the first place?

    So here is how I got around that issue . I went into my RR (personal email) settings and forwarded all my email to my gmail account.Also I left a copy on the server for my outlook at home for when I open it. This seemed to have fixed the "duplicate" issue. What I was seeing was the device was pulling everything off the server until I opened my outlook at home. Which takes days sometimes So no matter how many times I deleted it. It would or could get them back. This caused new emails not to be shown, Weird issue for sure but that's the best I could figure.

    Anyhow the forwarding worked. The best part is GMAIL is pushed to the Droid so my email is instant now
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  6. Droid
    deadernie's Avatar
    Member #
    17284
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    My e-mail just started constantly force-closing as well. G-mail works but force closes when trying to access my aol account. Has been working perfectly until last night.
  7. Droid
    deadernie's Avatar
    Member #
    17284
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    My e-mail just started constantly force-closing as well. G-mail works but force closes when trying to access my aol account. Has been working perfectly until last night.
  8. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    the default email client is junk. the more items you delete, the more OLDER items you will get. it's a never-ending cycle and having had my hotmail accounts for near 15 years, i had alot of mail built up.

    follow the steps in my sig to use GMAIL forwarding.
  9. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #8
    I had my phone set up not to sync with Gmail, and to check my email account every 5 minutes. It seemed to be working fine when I noticed in my All Mail on Gmail that none of the deleted mail that I was deleting on my Droid was actually going to the trash. It was going into the All Mail Folder.

    It took a few minutes but I deleted the all mail folder. I noticed that there were tags on these emails saying [iMap/Trash]. Thinking that was the problem I deleted the tag. When I did this I started getting duplicate email. I then sync gmail again, which created the tag again. I left gmail sync and then set my email to check once an hour.

    If I answer my email from my gmail on my Droid then delete the email it goes into the trash. However if I answer from email it's going back to the "all mail" folder if I try to delete.

    Right now that's my set up. If anybody has a better idea I'd sure like to hear it. As it stands now I still get an occasional duplicate email because even though it checks only once an hour and the gmail is instantaneous, it can do a duplicate if it falls close to the one hour check point.

    If anybody has an idea for a better set up I'd sure like to hear it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I had my phone set up not to sync with Gmail, and to check my email account every 5 minutes. It seemed to be working fine when I noticed in my All Mail on Gmail that none of the deleted mail that I was deleting on my Droid was actually going to the trash. It was going into the All Mail Folder.

    It took a few minutes but I deleted the all mail folder. I noticed that there were tags on these emails saying [iMap/Trash]. Thinking that was the problem I deleted the tag. When I did this I started getting duplicate email. I then sync gmail again, which created the tag again. I left gmail sync and then set my email to check once an hour.

    If I answer my email from my gmail on my Droid then delete the email it goes into the trash. However if I answer from email it's going back to the "all mail" folder if I try to delete.

    Right now that's my set up. If anybody has a better idea I'd sure like to hear it. As it stands now I still get an occasional duplicate email because even though it checks only once an hour and the gmail is instantaneous, it can do a duplicate if it falls close to the one hour check point.

    If anybody has an idea for a better set up I'd sure like to hear it.
    trash is just a label. gmail's appeal is that none of your emails are ever deleted. you actually have to delete them from the trash bin to get rid of them.

    gmail is all about the labels. you should be pretty much ignoring the "all mail" folder.
  11. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I had my phone set up not to sync with Gmail, and to check my email account every 5 minutes. It seemed to be working fine when I noticed in my All Mail on Gmail that none of the deleted mail that I was deleting on my Droid was actually going to the trash. It was going into the All Mail Folder.

    It took a few minutes but I deleted the all mail folder. I noticed that there were tags on these emails saying [iMap/Trash]. Thinking that was the problem I deleted the tag. When I did this I started getting duplicate email. I then sync gmail again, which created the tag again. I left gmail sync and then set my email to check once an hour.

    If I answer my email from my gmail on my Droid then delete the email it goes into the trash. However if I answer from email it's going back to the "all mail" folder if I try to delete.

    Right now that's my set up. If anybody has a better idea I'd sure like to hear it. As it stands now I still get an occasional duplicate email because even though it checks only once an hour and the gmail is instantaneous, it can do a duplicate if it falls close to the one hour check point.

    If anybody has an idea for a better set up I'd sure like to hear it.
    trash is just a label. gmail's appeal is that none of your emails are ever deleted. you actually have to delete them from the trash bin to get rid of them.

    gmail is all about the labels. you should be pretty much ignoring the "all mail" folder.
    Well, I don't want to ignore the all mail folder. That's where important documents are archived to. That's why I don't understand why these deleted documents are going to All Mail instead of the trash.

    Well, the way I'm working with it now they do go to the trash so I guess that's what I'll have to do.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
  2. WiFi problem
    By biggrizzly in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
  3. Speaker Problem
    By Ta2Bri in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 11:27 AM
  4. I Have A Problem
    By jbjtkbw00 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
  5. Widget Problem
    By jlank in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 02:20 PM

Search tags for this page

android phone getting duplicate comast emails
,
atrix 2 aol repeat email
,
atrix email duplicate aol
,
comcast duplicate emails android
,
comcast email android duplicate
,
droid x2 receiving multiple emails
,

duplicate emails motorola atrix

,
emails going to trash on motorola atrix 2
,
getting duplicate emails on atrix
,
getting duplicate emails on vortex with gmail
,

lg vortex delete email trash

,
lg vortex speaker not working#gsc.tab
,

motorola atrix 2 receiving multiple emails

,
my samsung phone keep receiving duplicate email from comcast
,
samsung s4 receiving deleted emails multiple times
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+