I'm definitely going to get a Droid Bionic (hopefully in April if all our wishes can be met) and I'm thinking of the possiblities the D1 has beyond its service life.
I'm not going to sell the D1 I don't think, it doesn't seem to be selling well on ebay. I also see more value in keeping it than selling it for the 50-75 bucks I could get for it. I was hoping we as previous D1 users could all put together a list of things we could use this beast for.
I was hoping we could keep this a rolling type of thread that increases suggestions for uses... maybe I have some ideas for the D1 that others haven't even thought of.
Here is a list of things I can think of that a D1 with Wireless access and no service could be used for. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG IN ANY OF THESE FEATURES:
1. Storage for documents, etc.
2. mp3 player to be taken to the gym
3. Drop box access point
4. Verizon HD Remote Control (a lot better and more responsive than the standard remotes they give you).
5. Nes/Snes Emulator - Wii Mote app is AWESOME!
6. gaming system for games you've saved (anywhere for lots of games like angry birds, etc.)
I could go on more but I wanted to get this started and see what else people can think of.
Are you going to keep your D1 or sell it/give it away?
I look forward to the responses!!