DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would you ever need to retire your Droid 1?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Why would I ever need to retire my Droid 1? How about to get a phone that can actually make phone calls better than two cups and a string , or get a phone with a camera that can take pictures after 8 PM . or to get a phone that won't freeze up when trying to listen to Pandora while on navigation because it only has 30 MB free RAM . How about a bigger and better screen and battery ( ex. S2 ) . or how about 12 Mb/s speeds . Did I mentioned how sloooow D 1 is when multitasking ? And the list could go on and on .
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I've had my Droid since it first came out. I qualify for an upgrade but I haven't even considered one. Running Gingerbread, my Droid blows away many new phones. I'm keeping mine until it dies; let's hope that never happens. LONG LIVE THE DROID!
  3. AFX
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I got the Droid a little over a year ago and it was my first smart phone. Before that I'd find myself wanting to upgrade my phone every couple of months just because I'd get so sick of using the same hardware and looking at the same screen all the time. With the Droid though, the hardware part of it is fine. It has a keyboard, a nice screen and when overclocked it can handle mostly everything without problems. Plus with new ROMs and themes coming out so frequently, the look and feel are changing constantly. It's probably the first time in over 10 years that I haven't been wanting a new phone a month after getting it.

I may upgrade to a Droid 3, just because it has everything the Droid has, plus increased hardware capabilities, but for now I'm perfectly content with keeping my Droid.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by smokiedabong View Post
    Why would I ever need to retire my Droid 1? How about to get a phone that can actually make phone calls better than two cups and a string , or get a phone with a camera that can take pictures after 8 PM . or to get a phone that won't freeze up when trying to listen to Pandora while on navigation because it only has 30 MB free RAM . How about a bigger and better screen and battery ( ex. S2 ) . or how about 12 Mb/s speeds . Did I mentioned how sloooow D 1 is when multitasking ? And the list could go on and on .
    You forgot the number 1 problem its a MOTO..... JUNK!! but if u just love moto i guess we all have different experiences but MOTO will never get my buisness again
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i love my OG
    i was going to upgrade to the thunderbolt, but really i don't need it
    LTE (not 4G) won't be in my area for prob at least another 2 years so i can deal with not being able to grandfather the plan in
    and well i just rerooted my OG and now i'm running gingerbreand and its awesome again

and if i really need LTE i'll just use my xoom
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks View Post
    You forgot the number 1 problem its a MOTO..... JUNK!! but if u just love moto i guess we all have different experiences but MOTO will never get my buisness again
    Uh...I have a MOTO D1, and I wouldn't say that its junk just because it's made by Moto. Its actually a great device. I've had no problems with it at all, so I can't agree with you that Moto is junk until I'm proven wrong. Its not that I love Moto (and I don't, I guess you could say I'm indifferent), but Moto did make a great phone, they call it the Droid. I don't believe I'm the only one that thinks this either.

Play a jam!
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Really? And how many Motorola Droids have you owned?

The Original Droid put Android on the map. It also was named Time Magazined Device of the year, 2009.

Yeah, it was a real hunk of junk. Go get a Blackberry Storm and then talk to me about how bad Droid is. It's still a great phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    moto can't do software, (at least when i have played with blur i can't stand it) but they are one of the best hardware manufactures out there
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rooted D1, Stock DInc2
    NEVER will I retire my OG!

Yes, there will only be faster and so-called "better" devices come out but I love this thing. I will buy an additional device when it's upgrade time IF I see something else I'd like to try but I will always have my OG activated....ALWAYS!!!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Really? And how many Motorola Droids have you owned?

The Original Droid put Android on the map. It also was named Time Magazined Device of the year, 2009.

Yeah, it was a real hunk of junk. Go get a Blackberry Storm and then talk to me about how bad Droid is. It's still a great phone.
    lol man looks like i hit a soft spot i have not owned a og droid but i have owned plenty of moto devices to form a opinion and after seeing my best friend go through about 4 of them we share the same opinion! and my co-worker is on his 3rd droid x due to constant reboots and freezing.. moto was a crap company look where they where at before the droid 1.... in the dumpster... and i also think android and good advertisement put the droid on the map.. not the other way around!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links