Does anyone know how to transfer Outlook contacts to the Droid?
1. Go into Outlook, hit the Contacts section on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Click File, Import/Export, select Export to File, hit next
3. Select Comma Seperated Values (DOS), hit next
4. Select Contacts, hit next
5. Click browse, and go to a spot on your computer thats easy to find (Desktop works nicley), hit next
6. Click finish
7. Go into your G-Mail mail on the web
8. To the left of your in-box click Contacts
9. On the top right of the contacts box click Import
10. Browse to the csv file we saved earlier, hit Open
11. Hit Import
12. Done, contacts should be imported to G-Mail, and will download to your Droid shortly, might take a few minutes so be patient.
Not sure what you mean by desktop manager...
As far as backing up the phone, if you mean contacts and email, the contacts will be pushed to G-mail so they are backed up there, as to email, if you are using exchange, they will still be on the exchange server, same with G-mail, if you are using POP3 then you might need to find some way of backing them up, easiest would be to just leave them on the server, then check your mail from a desktop computer at work or home and have that computer delete them from the server, that way they will be in 2 places.
For Yahoo question:
Yahoo Mail On The Motorola Droid | Android Phone Fans
This is the closest I can find for a Droid "desktop manager" although it's more geared for audio/video.
Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA