FYI: spent approximately 2.5 hours with chatting, phone different times to figure out how to set up the personal email on my new phone. This set up was successful and I would like to share so someone else can avoid the pain.
General Setup Instructions – Verizon Droid HTC phone email
· You will need the following information to allow your Droid phone to connect to mobile.charter.net.
· Email address: email@example.com
· Username : firstname.lastname@example.org
· Make sure you enter @charter.net after your username or you will be unable to login.
· Password: The password you use to login to your e-mail account
· Incoming Mail set-up:
· Protocol: This setting should be on for POP
· POP server: pop.charter.net
· Security type: none
o Server Port: 110
· Outgoing Mail set-up:
· SMTP server: mobile.charter.net
· Security type: SSL
o Server Port: 587
· If applicable: a login will be required when sending and receiving mail.