DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying goodbye - Switched to Sprint/EVO

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!

Saying goodbye - Switched to Sprint/EVO

Not really goodbye, I'm sure I'll still poke around here from time to time... But just abandoned Verizon and my Droid1 to go to Sprint and the HTC EVO. Sprints price points and incentives were too much to pass up. Needed more minutes with Verizon and they wouldn't work with me. For the same amount of money, Sprint gave me Unlimited Data, Unlimited text, 1500 minutes (which includes any mobile to any mobile... making it basically unlimited minutes). Plus a $250 credit for porting over (125 x 2). Plus they price matched Amazon, giving me my Evo for $119 and an Epic for $99. Add all the changes Big Red is making (no new every 2, tiered data coming... and the fact the the Thunderbolt just wont release )... It was a no brainer for me.....
    Want to give a big thanks to this forum... Very educational here.. answering all my stupid questions and teaching me all I know about Android... Thanks to Jrummy, Bugless, and the MIUI team for your great roms....
    GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Good luck with your EVO and congrats!

You will be missed : (
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by STIDRIVER View Post
    Not really goodbye, I'm sure I'll still poke around here from time to time... But just abandoned Verizon and my Droid1 to go to Sprint and the HTC EVO. Sprints price points and incentives were too much to pass up. Needed more minutes with Verizon and they wouldn't work with me. For the same amount of money, Sprint gave me Unlimited Data, Unlimited text, 1500 minutes (which includes any mobile to any mobile... making it basically unlimited minutes). Plus a $250 credit for porting over (125 x 2). Plus they price matched Amazon, giving me my Evo for $119 and an Epic for $99. Add all the changes Big Red is making (no new every 2, tiered data coming... and the fact the the Thunderbolt just wont release )... It was a no brainer for me.....
    Want to give a big thanks to this forum... Very educational here.. answering all my stupid questions and teaching me all I know about Android... Thanks to Jrummy, Bugless, and the MIUI team for your great roms....
    Im still waiting (like so many) on the Thunderbolt to finally drop. Ill give them until the 17th, if it doesnt I am seriously considering jumping ship. I looked at the Evo, but I currently have a Droid X, and after looking at the Evo, my X smoked it on all the benchmarks I ran them through. I know the incentives are amazing right now, thats the only reason I would even consider what is basically a leftover phone (Not knocking it, Im just looking for a newer phone than what I already have)
    Last edited by Stevessvt; 03-10-2011 at 09:52 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    ^^^ I hear you on the EVO being older... Still a huge jump up from a rooted D1 IMO though... The incentives only last for another month, so I was nervous about waiting to see if Sprint dropped something new (besides that dual screen POS they just came out with)... I still have the 30 day return policy in case something cool does come out very soon... Like I said though, pricing/value is too good right now to pass up.
  6. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    I too am considering the same move. You get any other discounts like on the service or anything? Were you still in your contract & did they let you out? We're running two D1's &have a few months on our contract yet. Trying to read as much first hand feedback on this move as possible before making the same move.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    ^^I get 25% thru my work... but otherwise I got the same pricing listed on the Sprint website. I had 9 months on my Verizon contract and the ETF's were $330. Yours should be way less with only a few months left. Sprints incentive is $125 per line you port over... So this will def. cover what you owe Verizon to get out of the contract. The pricing is so much better on its own.. and when you add the 'any mobile to any mobile' minutes not counting towards your total... its so much better. Its basically unlimited everything for 2 lines for the same price I was paying Verizon for 700 minutes, one smartphone, one dumb... The port over promotion ends April 15th, so I'd make your decision before then. The only bad part (as someone pointed out above), there is nothing new worth getting right now... Only decent phones are EVO and Epic....
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Sounds like you got a great deal. Hate to see a droid family member leave though, good luck with the Evo. I'm sure it's a great phone!
    Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Enjoy your Evo. I wouldn't leave Verizon myself but if we all did the same things the world would be a boring place. Good luck with your new phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    ^^ Thanks guys... Evo is pretty awesome so far... Allready rooted and contemplating which ROM to put on
  11. Dec
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Iam thinking of the same move. It would cost about 40 bucks less a month to have the evo and with the newest kernels and roms the evo is pretty damn fast.

Sent from my DROIDX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links