I have a Comcast email account. I have it linked to the generic Droid email app. My problem is this: emails sent to me come thru fine, replies to my emails never show up on the Droid.
Is ther a simple fix for this, or am I the only one with this issue.
BTW, the Comcast Xfinity app is not receiving emails either.
thanks in advance....
I have a DROID X and mine would not send out. I spoke with Verizon and here's what we did.
1. Go into Settings then Wireless & networks
2. Choose Mobile networks then System Select and make sure Automatic is selected
3. Go back into Settings then Data Manager and select Data Delivery then make sure the following are checked as on: Background data, Data Roaming and Data Enabled
4. Go back into Settings then accounts then into your comcast account and make sure the following are set for Outgoing Server: SMTP Server is smtp.comcast.net; Port is 587; Username and password are your comcast logon info; Use secure connection is OFF. and verify certificate is OFF.
5. Power off and then on
6. Dial *228 and choose option 2 to update your roaming capabilities
Retry your email. I found VZ tech support extremely helpful.
BTB Incoming settings: Server is mail.comcast.net; Port is 995, user name and p/w are your comcast's; Use Secure connection is ON