DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't send pictures through mms

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!

WTF? Now can't send pictures through messaging? Google Voice issue?

Now that I have Google Voice, is that keeping me from sending pictures from the camera in a text message? I can't seem to find a setting that allows me to send sms from the phones number. I can't seem to send in Handcent or the messaging app that came with the phone.

So far, not totally impressed with the GV thing. Other than setting multiple phones to ring when I want it too, there's more down sides that seem to appear.

Thanks
    Last edited by Jim 777; 01-02-2010 at 09:48 PM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola

Can't send mms

Do you mean that you cannot send mms at all, or just not from your google voice number.

I am currently not able to receive mms at all.

It is not currently supported to send mms messages from your google voice number. Hopefully this support will be added in the future.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    I haven't been able to send any kind of MMS for a while. That includes pics, sound or messages over 160 characters. Tried everything including a reset. It is not an isolated problem but no one has found a solution yet.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    I haven't been able to send any kind of MMS for a while. That includes pics, sound or messages over 160 characters. Tried everything including a reset. It is not an isolated problem but no one has found a solution yet.
    I can send fine but I receive mms very randomly get some don't get others, no pattern.

Done many data/cache wipes and restores. Seems like if i go back to no root I get them pretty consistently, (although never been unrooted for long enough for a true test) but after restoring with root sometimes it works for a while (1hr or 2) then it goes back to random, sometimes straight to random.

Thinking of calling Verizon and see if they can reset something on their end but I assume they r going to want me to factory reset. I just need time, I would assume I will be on the call for a while!
    Last edited by Tallica; 05-21-2010 at 06:53 AM.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim #777 View Post
    Now that I have Google Voice, is that keeping me from sending pictures from the camera in a text message? I can't seem to find a setting that allows me to send sms from the phones number. I can't seem to send in Handcent or the messaging app that came with the phone.

So far, not totally impressed with the GV thing. Other than setting multiple phones to ring when I want it too, there's more down sides that seem to appear.

Thanks
    Google Voice is for SMS only. You cannot use it for MMS

Quote Originally Posted by tarnishednite View Post
    Do you mean that you cannot send mms at all, or just not from your google voice number.

It is not currently supported to send mms messages from your google voice number. Hopefully this support will be added in the future.

Have either of you tried the handcent application? I can send MMS with no issues using this app.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarnishednite View Post

Have either of you tried the handcent application? I can send MMS with no issues using this app.
    I use Handcent exclusively and still have these problems, same problem with stock messaging app. grrrrrrrr.....
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post

Thanks

I use Handcent exclusively and still have these problems, same problem with stock messaging app. grrrrrrrr.....
    I noticed your rooted. Has this always been an issue or just after you rooted your Droid? Maybe you need to take your issue over to Pets's thread.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post

I noticed your rooted. Has this always been an issue or just after you rooted your Droid? Maybe you need to take your issue over to Pets's thread.
    I've posted in Pete's thread and on his site but it seems to happen with all roms but not always right away (sometimes takes a little while before I can't receive receive).

Seems like it has always been issue but I can never bring myself to stay unrooted long enough for a full test.

This is the only consistant problem i've had with the droid. Or at least the only problem i haven't been able to fix yet.

Wish I could figure this out!!!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Wow, here's an old thread.
    When i posted this I had yet to root. I since realized that GV won't do it. Handcent would do it but I had to max out the allowable MMS size.

Since I don't think about sending pics thru MMS as much as I thought I would (but still want the option) I haven't tried it on the last couple ROMs.

With BBv1.0, I just tested it and the picture, though a bit slow, went through and was received.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

11. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    All I know is sometimes I get receive and sometimes i don't.

It really has me pissed 'cause, like I said it's the only thing not working correctly on my phone!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links