DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Can't send pictures through mms

  1. Droid Ninja
    Jim 777's Avatar
    Member #
    19480
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    #11
    i don't think I've ever missed any. I know that most people that have my GV number as my main number, don't know that if they send me an MMS through it, I'll never know it.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

  2. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #12
    I don't use GV for anything but the "Visual Voicemail" feature.

    My mms isn't working correctly with handcent/stock messaging app.
  3. Junior Droid
    tarnishednite's Avatar
    Member #
    70359
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #13

    Re: Background

    I have been using handscent exclusively and up until recently it worked just fine. What I am wondering about is if this could have something to do with my device previously being rooted.

    I rooted on 2.0,
    unrooted
    Installed the 2.1 rom from Google (no vzw update)

    other than that everything else is normal . . . at least i think
  4. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tarnishednite View Post
    I have been using handscent exclusively and up until recently it worked just fine. What I am wondering about is if this could have something to do with my device previously being rooted.

    I rooted on 2.0,
    unrooted
    Installed the 2.1 rom from Google (no vzw update)

    other than that everything else is normal . . . at least i think
    Could be but I doubt it. When i decided to start all over i went back to 2.0.1 then did the OTA and then rooted 2.1. For me this problem has been on going fom the beginning no matter what Rom I use. Like I said before don't know if it's because of root, haven't been unrooted long enough to find out.
  5. Junior Droid
    tarnishednite's Avatar
    Member #
    70359
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #15
    One thing that I noticed I forgot to mention in this thread. My problem seems to be directly related to google voice usage. In fact my coworker who has a completely different android phone seems to be having the same problem. If I turn off voice mail forwarding I am able to receive pictures.

    As far as I know I am able to send pics, but not counting on that either at this moment.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tarnishednite View Post
    One thing that I noticed I forgot to mention in this thread. My problem seems to be directly related to google voice usage. In fact my coworker who has a completely different android phone seems to be having the same problem. If I turn off voice mail forwarding I am able to receive pictures.

    As far as I know I am able to send pics, but not counting on that either at this moment.
    I'll try that
  7. Junior Droid
    tarnishednite's Avatar
    Member #
    70359
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    Could be but I doubt it. When i decided to start all over i went back to 2.0.1 then did the OTA and then rooted 2.1. For me this problem has been on going fom the beginning no matter what Rom I use. Like I said before don't know if it's because of root, haven't been unrooted long enough to find out.
    Do you have details on how you rolled back and then rooted?
  8. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tarnishednite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    Could be but I doubt it. When i decided to start all over i went back to 2.0.1 then did the OTA and then rooted 2.1. For me this problem has been on going fom the beginning no matter what Rom I use. Like I said before don't know if it's because of root, haven't been unrooted long enough to find out.
    Do you have details on how you rolled back and then rooted?
    Here you go:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ht=root+unroot
  9. Junior Droid
    tarnishednite's Avatar
    Member #
    70359
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #19
    So it appears that with voice mail forwarding to google voice enabled I can send messages to Verizon customers, but I cannot receive them or send to anyone outside of Verizon . . . if I find other GV + Verizon users that have this same problem I'm going to start to think that this is a ploy to get us to pay for their visual voicemail service.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tarnishednite View Post
    So it appears that with voice mail forwarding to google voice enabled I can send messages to Verizon customers, but I cannot receive them or send to anyone outside of Verizon . . . if I find other GV + Verizon users that have this same problem I'm going to start to think that this is a ploy to get us to pay for their visual voicemail service.
    I know right,

    Well I changed my voicemail back to "my carrier" and uninstalled GV.
    Still no luck on mms, still getting them sparatically WTF!!

    Were is the option for voicemail forwarding?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to send text messages please help?
    By Olivia in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 12:29 AM
  2. How to re-send a failed txt?
    By daddio in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
  3. Unable to send pictures
    By medtiger in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
  4. WTF!? You can't send Pic's with Audio?? Who can fix this
    By billyNOTnice in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
  5. Send more than one pic at a time?
    By windstrings in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Search tags for this page

can't send mms motorola aris

,
can't send pictures from droid
,
cant send pictures on droid
,
droid x can't send picture mms
,
how to send mms frpm rooted droidx
,

i cant pictute text after rooting

,
i cant send pictures on my droid
,

photos wont send metro android

,

why can't i send pictures on my android

,

why wont my pictures send on my android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+