DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: No matter how powerful Android Phones get, the Hardware means nothing !!!!

  1. Master Droid
    patfactorx's Avatar
    Member #
    124457
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    421
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #81
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannis View Post
    Your pro-iPhone argument is completely fallacious, however your conclusion may be applicable for the majority of cell phone users.

    There are two criteria used when buying a cell phone, coolness and functionality. The iPhone appeals to trendy metrosexuals and Android appears to computer programmer geeks and those who despise Apple marketing.

    Now the question of functionality is more difficult to get into. Android phone have better hardware while the iPhone has more uses. The question is what functionality options EACH CUSTOMER wants. It's stupid to try and generalize on what should be a totally individual decision.

    While your boss sits on traffic playing with his useless apps, I use Google maps 5.2.1 to automatically find re-directs around it. To me use of Google maps/text to speech navigation has been reason enough to prefer android.

    My phone is used primarily for mobile web surfing and while not perfect my phone can do flash, I use a fast browse in xScope, listen to radio on yourmuze.fm and watch youtube native.

    The only iPhone App I'm envious of is Facetime, though the hardware and connection speeds are so slow on 3G that make the functionality of it limiting. Give me facetime and consistent 8Mbps with a 5 GB/mo plan and then we can chat. I'll bet Android will have its equivalent in no time.

    Adios
    Facetime is only thru WiFi FYI but the new Google Talk is thru 3g
    Droid 4 fanboy
  2. Junior Droid
    tearlach2's Avatar
    Member #
    117135
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    Droid X
    #82
    Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    I don't know why I just just read through all of that, but it was entertaining to say the least lol.

    I think the BIGGEST point to make here is an obvious one. This is the fact that Android is still very young, younger than the iphone/ipod/ianything else. If I am correct, the original Droid was originally released in November of 2009, making it shy of 2 years old. It wasn't much longer before this, that the release of the Android operating system occured. This makes Android around 2 years old (we'll keep it simple).

    We are now on iphone 4, with the iOS being created for the ipod sometime earlier (not 100% on my iphone knowledge). You can do the math. Either way, my point is that iOS is much older than Android OS. Android is only 2 YEARS OLD! In my mind, that's not very old. I think Android still has TONS of room to grow. That being said, I'm sure there will come a point soon where the "software will be up to par with the hardware" on Android phones.

    @OP. You point out that Android's software isn't as good as iphone's software. Then you only talk about apps, specifically video editing apps. This is your example of better software? I would like you to please elaborate on your definition of better software, other than "the video editing apps are better." I, for example, do a lot more with my Android software that doesn't involve only the market or applications. Are you saying that the market/app store and what it offers defines the software as a whole?

    Play a jam!
    Apps are software.

    Iphone4+ App market == more things it can do than a 2011 Android (bionic/TB/whatever) plus its current app market.

    simple as that.
    Software grants its user the abilitiy to do things. right now, Android Hardware only improves, the Software isnt getting bridged between the gap.

    IOS users have much more things they can do than a Android user. that point is valid. cant be denied no matter how you would like to sugar coat it.

    Android doesnt have the software to match IOS. until then, the Hardware upgrade mean little in bridging the gap.

    Iphone4 vs Bionic ? Which can do more things?
    ask yourself that---^
    You can see that this is just a temporary situation at worst for android right? Since Android as of now already has the highest saturation which is increasing steadily due to the sheer variety of android devices in the smartphone market, market forces will automatically reallocate developer output more and more to android regardless of desire of any individual developer. That is unless of course they are apple purists who don't care about money, which I find to be a ridiculous thought.
    Apple's current gameplan of trying to save iOS by playing the we have more apps card is not going to win this race even if it is true now. I think this is the force creating the cheap iphone that is going to come out later this year now that I think about it, but in the end they are just one company and they cannot stand up to this android tidal-wave. Also, app developers are fast and Apple is going to get crushed even quicker in the tablet market because even though the ipad has a head start its nothing like their phone headstart and that market is going to go the same way the phone one is.
    So I think you must be trolling in your opine. Either that or you really don't see this as only a temporary situation because you can't understand the current sales data.
    PS my dad DID kick your dad's ass.
  3. Master Droid
    knighthonor's Avatar
    Member #
    157976
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291
    Phone
    Droid X
    #83
    Quote Originally Posted by tearlach2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    I don't know why I just just read through all of that, but it was entertaining to say the least lol.

    I think the BIGGEST point to make here is an obvious one. This is the fact that Android is still very young, younger than the iphone/ipod/ianything else. If I am correct, the original Droid was originally released in November of 2009, making it shy of 2 years old. It wasn't much longer before this, that the release of the Android operating system occured. This makes Android around 2 years old (we'll keep it simple).

    We are now on iphone 4, with the iOS being created for the ipod sometime earlier (not 100% on my iphone knowledge). You can do the math. Either way, my point is that iOS is much older than Android OS. Android is only 2 YEARS OLD! In my mind, that's not very old. I think Android still has TONS of room to grow. That being said, I'm sure there will come a point soon where the "software will be up to par with the hardware" on Android phones.

    @OP. You point out that Android's software isn't as good as iphone's software. Then you only talk about apps, specifically video editing apps. This is your example of better software? I would like you to please elaborate on your definition of better software, other than "the video editing apps are better." I, for example, do a lot more with my Android software that doesn't involve only the market or applications. Are you saying that the market/app store and what it offers defines the software as a whole?

    Play a jam!
    Apps are software.

    Iphone4+ App market == more things it can do than a 2011 Android (bionic/TB/whatever) plus its current app market.

    simple as that.
    Software grants its user the abilitiy to do things. right now, Android Hardware only improves, the Software isnt getting bridged between the gap.

    IOS users have much more things they can do than a Android user. that point is valid. cant be denied no matter how you would like to sugar coat it.

    Android doesnt have the software to match IOS. until then, the Hardware upgrade mean little in bridging the gap.

    Iphone4 vs Bionic ? Which can do more things?
    ask yourself that---^
    You can see that this is just a temporary situation at worst for android right? Since Android as of now already has the highest saturation which is increasing steadily due to the sheer variety of android devices in the smartphone market, market forces will automatically reallocate developer output more and more to android regardless of desire of any individual developer. That is unless of course they are apple purists who don't care about money, which I find to be a ridiculous thought.
    Apple's current gameplan of trying to save iOS by playing the we have more apps card is not going to win this race even if it is true now. I think this is the force creating the cheap iphone that is going to come out later this year now that I think about it, but in the end they are just one company and they cannot stand up to this android tidal-wave. Also, app developers are fast and Apple is going to get crushed even quicker in the tablet market because even though the ipad has a head start its nothing like their phone headstart and that market is going to go the same way the phone one is.
    So I think you must be trolling in your opine. Either that or you really don't see this as only a temporary situation because you can't understand the current sales data.
    PS my dad DID kick your dad's ass.
    You call me a troll but I am not sure that you realize this but you are agreeing with my argument! !! You use the term "TEMPORARY " to make your point. Well isn't "RIGHT NOW/ THE PRESENT / THIS SAME YEAR" fit into this "TEMPORARY " range you speak of? Ofc it does, so my argument is valid, and even you agree with it ( intentionally or unintentionally)
    Right now, Ios has the most apps, meaning its way more it can do than Android os. Android app market grows but so does IOS. It will be a long time before the android software market catches up. Until then ( out of this TEMPORARY field you speak of) the constant hardware upgrades mean very little in closing the gap between Android and IOS since a Iphone4 alone can do much more than any Android phone of today and this year even. Apple also gradually updates the Hardware as well. So the hardware tactic just doesn't work when it comes to bridging the gap between the IOS &Android os. Nobody can deny this. Its a fact. So don't hit me with your apple fanboy badge nonsense.

    Like I suggested once before, what google needs to do is start developing more First Party AAA apps that would fit into each of the market subcatagories. Things like video editing, model editor, so on so on should have AAA apps from Google that can compete with IOS's software. Also they need to figure out a way to make it easier on developers when they try to convert over the IOS app source code into Android oriented source code.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. Senior Droid
    Rento's Avatar
    Member #
    30620
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    214
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    #84
    I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet...

    I feel sorry for the OPs co-workers... He's annoying.
  5. Master Droid
    knighthonor's Avatar
    Member #
    157976
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291
    Phone
    Droid X
    #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rento View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet...

    I feel sorry for the OPs co-workers... He's annoying.
    Well yes I am annoying. Because they all are Apple fanboys and I talk about Android all the time when thy attack my phone. Your point? My argument still valid.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. Senior Droid
    donzz's Avatar
    Member #
    170361
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    241
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #86
    Why would anyone buy a smartphone that doesn't do Flash? Weather, sports scores, embedded videos and games all Flash. That used to really tick me off about my Ipod Touch. No Flash, no donzz.
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rento View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet
    OKI think we can lock it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 10:01 PM
  3. Android will always have the best hardware
    By patfactorx in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 12:49 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
  5. Swype + Android + Hardware Keyboard
    By asmallchild in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM

Search tags for this page

does droid bionic have facetime
,
does the droid bionic have facetime
,

droid bionic facetime

,
facetime for droid bionic
,
facetime on droid bionic
,
how to facetime on droid bionic
,
how to use facetime on droid bionic
,

most powerful android phone 2011

,
most powerful cell phone 2011
,
the most powerful android phone 2011
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+