So I got myself a Motorola Doid and my Wife the HTC Droid Eris. Honestly believe the Eris is a better phone. Some things about the Motorola that are just stupid:
1) Cannot group contacts. I mean how stupid is that? Here is a super smart phone, supposedly, and I have to download some app to make contact lists and still jump through extra hoops to send group text and email? The Eris does this just fine.
2) When I open the Droid to use the keypad, it does not find words or correct mistakes automatically. Why use the stupid keypad? I coulda saved alot of weight if I just bought the Eris. The on screen keyboard works fine.
3) Droid has only 3 main screens where the Eris has 7.
Yeah I am just not seeing why I paid the extra money for a Motorola, especially after having a Razr, or should I say 4 Razrs, over the last few years.
Some things I like about the Eris:
1) Not Bulky like the Droid and you can put the rubber protector around it. Also, Screen Protector is near invisible. After 4 tries on my Moto, I gave up trying to get the screen protector perfect.
2) 7 Screens, Better Widgets.
3) Trackball is neat and easy to use.
4) You can group contacts. It syncs to multiple emails much better for some reason.
5) Much cheaper than the Droid.
The only thing it does not have is the flash for the camera. Can anyone else make some comparisons?