DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Does 2.1 fix a couple of problems?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drooooooid

Does 2.1 fix a couple of problems?

Hey all.. . Does the 2.1 software fix the Gmail notification problem where it only notifies you once and not subsequent emails? Also does it fix the poor "outgoing" call audio.. a lot of people tell me I sound muffled and sometimes I garble... like waving. Yea I know.. I've done all the program, erc codecs and all that stuff already. Oh and lastly... does the native facebook app notification deal get improved on 2.1?

Bananas!
    s-one
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid vet / G-Nex fanboy
    It would be awesome if one of the 2.1 early adopters would post a list of all the fixes they've encountered. Any takers?
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    This is not a defect in the gmail software. It can be fixed in your set up.

The reason why you are notified twice is because you have your "gmail" notification and then there is your "email." If you want only one notification go to your google sync settings and unsync gmail. I then recommend going back to your email settings and setting that to check once every 5 minutes. That way you will no longer get duplicate notifications.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid w/Ultimate Droid 9.8

muffled here too

Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    Hey all.. . Does the 2.1 software fix the Gmail notification problem where it only notifies you once and not subsequent emails? Also does it fix the poor "outgoing" call audio.. a lot of people tell me I sound muffled and sometimes I garble... like waving. Yea I know.. I've done all the program, erc codecs and all that stuff already. Oh and lastly... does the native facebook app notification deal get improved on 2.1?

Bananas!
    s-one
    I've tried all three codecs and have the same problem with callers saying I'm muffled. Exchanged phone once already for it and same issue. I decided to hear for myself and it sounds high-frequency filtered like whoever's on my Droid is pinching it between their shoulder and head for use without hands. I thought perhaps the mic opening was being interfered with by the case, so I tried the phone naked it sounds the same, but now I'm not allowed at that store anymore...
    Verizon + Droid = The only way to go mobile!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drooooooid
    Umm.. what I'm sayin is that the native gmail notification is only notifying once and no other audible notifications will happen unless you clear the visible notification. This was designed this way by google and has been logged in google's Issue case 4190 as an enhancement. There are so many replies to people wanting this fix since the Droid was released I'm just wondering if google listened to their customers by applying the enhancement. Thanks for the response though.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drooooooid
    Quote Originally Posted by skidemn View Post
    but now I'm not allowed at that store anymore...
    Well since they did get rid of the echo issue with 2.0.1, I'm thinking only logically they had certainly did some good enhancement in a major version as 2.1. You can go to a different store.. from what I heard that's best since you get a diff batch of Droids. (from what I heard)
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    Umm.. what I'm sayin is that the native gmail notification is only notifying once and no other audible notifications will happen unless you clear the visible notification. This was designed this way by google and has been logged in google's Issue case 4190 as an enhancement. There are so many replies to people wanting this fix since the Droid was released I'm just wondering if google listened to their customers by applying the enhancement. Thanks for the response though.
    Oh, you WANT to be notified multiple times. I see where you're at now.

I don't know if I'd want that. I think a flashing light is OK for me, but I can see your point.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drooooooid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I don't know if I'd want that. I think a flashing light is OK for me, but I can see your point.
    Yea I agree that it should be an "option" so users can set it how they want.

Links