DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't anyone else a little angered? Bionic vs. Atrix Discussion

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Isn't anyone else a little angered? Bionic vs. Atrix Discussion

It all started back in mid-2009, I remember discovering the rumor about the Motorola Sholes. I was intrigued by the android operating system and thought it was pretty cool because it wasn't iThis or iThat. It was something different.

Finally some information came out, the official name for the phone was the Motorola Droid, it had the best specs of any android phone at the time, it was coming to my carrier and it was launching three days after my birthday. Perfect.

So I get to my local Verizon store right at 8 a.m. on November 6th, 2009 to discover a line of atleast 20 waiting for the store to open. I wisely decided to schedule an appointment with an associate at 8 a.m., so once in the store, I walked right to the front of a line to receive it, one of the first, the original.

Now, flash forward 15 months and 2 days, I know the Atrix and Bionic were announced at CES in January, I've been aware for some time now. I guess I'm overreacting, but I'm a lot pissed that Motorola is sticking to the Verizon faithful and sending their better phone to AT&T after the Verizon faithful practically resurrected their phone branch from the dead.

**End Rant, but I get the feeling I am not alone in this sentiment.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    One of my hobbies is building PC's. I stopped chasing the latest and greatest years ago.

You can only have it for a few months, and then it's not the best anymore. Eventually, hopefully, you'll realize you're being played and stop playing the game too. Every once in a while it's nice (my last build has a few latest and greatest pieces), but to stay on top of that ball is just too much money with too little reward.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    The Atrix is coming to VZW in Q4.....be patient

Sent from somewhere...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Just try to stay patient man. I've stuck with the Droid all this time to, and have been wanted a new phone all this time. Really glad I died use my update that came available in January, because the day I aws going to buy the DX, info on the Thunderbolt and Bionic came out. Now I'm just waiting.....
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    The Atrix is coming to VZW in Q4.....be patient

Sent from somewhere...
    I wouldn't even consider the atrix at that point because something better will probably be coming out, like the T2. Besides those first generation dual cores won't be as efficient as the next generation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  7. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    I'm with u..that's bs

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalDroid View Post
    It all started back in mid-2009, I remember discovering the rumor about the Motorola Sholes. I was intrigued by the android operating system and thought it was pretty cool because it wasn't iThis or iThat. It was something different.

Finally some information came out, the official name for the phone was the Motorola Droid, it had the best specs of any android phone at the time, it was coming to my carrier and it was launching three days after my birthday. Perfect.

So I get to my local Verizon store right at 8 a.m. on November 6th, 2009 to discover a line of atleast 20 waiting for the store to open. I wisely decided to schedule an appointment with an associate at 8 a.m., so once in the store, I walked right to the front of a line to receive it, one of the first, the original.

Now, flash forward 15 months and 2 days, I know the Atrix and Bionic were announced at CES in January, I've been aware for some time now. I guess I'm overreacting, but I'm a lot pissed that Motorola is sticking to the Verizon faithful and sending their better phone to AT&T after the Verizon faithful practically resurrected their phone branch from the dead.

**End Rant, but I get the feeling I am not alone in this sentiment.
    I feel exactly the same way, I'm pissed that the Atrix is going to at&t. Us loyal Verizon users had to constantly sit back and watch other networks get the best phones while we patiently stayed put and waited for something, something that would've made not getting an iphone or a Pre (on Sprint) worth it then it happened the Droid was born. IMO the Droid launched the Android revolution and made it a true iOS competitor and finally paid off our loyalty to Verizon. Now that the smoke has faded from the wonder of the OG Droid we're back to watching the cutest girl at the party leave with a lesser doush bag. Whether it be the EVO, iphone 4 and now the Atrix. I expected no Apple love on Verizon, HTC is a whore they'll go anywhere but I expected some kind of love from Moto! So what can we forward to now? Left over generation behind iphone, stripped down cousin to the Atrix: Bionic, Thunderbolt which is basically a beefed up EVO with no HDMI? WTF this is BS!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Hasn't Verizon always been known to have one of the lesser phone selections from all the major networks? It's kinda always been this way as far as I can remember (late 1990s). I don't think Verizon cares about getting the latest and greatest, the iPhone 4 deal is more than enough proof of that.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    It more likely that AT&T places higher bids to the phone manufacture to have first dibbs on devices as the reason that VZW seems to always be in second place...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    .... maybe I'm missing something, but besides the dock option of the Atrix, what's the Bionic lacking? (the additional 512mb RAM is for the additional OS I know, so that's not what I'm asking)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links