DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Anyone else have this issue?

Member #
    Phone
    RAWR DROID RAWR

Anyone else have this issue?

The other night I bought the car dock, and a cassette tape thing so I could listen to slacker radio and do hands free calls in my truck.

While everything is hooked up, it works perfect. I can hear slacker and calls just fine though my speakers, and callers can hear my voice just fine. The problem comes afterwords.

When I unhook everything and exit my vehicle, if I get a call (the ringtone does come on) I cannot hear callers through the normal speaker. If I put the phone on speaker phone, I can hear them just fine...but if I take it back off I can no longer hear them.

A simple power off/power on seems to make it go back to normal, but is there anything that causes this? Is my unit defective?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWR IM A DROID RAWR View Post
    The other night I bought the car dock, and a cassette tape thing so I could listen to slacker radio and do hands free calls in my truck.

While everything is hooked up, it works perfect. I can hear slacker and calls just fine though my speakers, and callers can hear my voice just fine. The problem comes afterwords.

When I unhook everything and exit my vehicle, if I get a call (the ringtone does come on) I cannot hear callers through the normal speaker. If I put the phone on speaker phone, I can hear them just fine...but if I take it back off I can no longer hear them.

A simple power off/power on seems to make it go back to normal, but is there anything that causes this? Is my unit defective?
    I have a similar problem. I can't route the phone through my car aux, but if I use headphones, I have to power the phone off to get the sound back after removing the jack, yes.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TEH ߀R DROID
    My friend had the same problem with his Storm in my car... Something about receiving calls while having something plugged into the 3.5mm jack and then removing it and trying to get a call with it not in causes an issue. He had to do a factory reset to fix the problem.

Wagner
    If I owned an iPhone then I would think that iSUCK
    DROID FOR LIFE
    VIC DROID Member #1
    "So you took it apart and now it doesn't work? Why does that not surprise me?"
    "If I don't remember it, it never happened"
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWgnr View Post
    My friend had the same problem with his Storm in my car... Something about receiving calls while having something plugged into the 3.5mm jack and then removing it and trying to get a call with it not in causes an issue. He had to do a factory reset to fix the problem.

Wagner
    Good to know there is a fix, but I didn't receive any calls while I had the headphones connected.

To be more specific, I was listening to the music apps through headphones and then no music would play without headphones until I powered the phone off.

Calls were just AOK though.

It was weird.
    Last edited by JessiesGirl; 12-30-2009 at 01:52 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TEH ߀R DROID
    Hmm.... Idk, he said he got on the net and ready about alot of other crackberry storm users having the problem. Also, I do not know if the factory reset on the DROID will fix the problem like it did for him.

Wagner
    If I owned an iPhone then I would think that iSUCK
    DROID FOR LIFE
    VIC DROID Member #1
    "So you took it apart and now it doesn't work? Why does that not surprise me?"
    "If I don't remember it, it never happened"
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have the same issue. In fact, I logged on here today just to see if anyone has a fix for this. I don't notice that having something plugged into the 3.5mm jack causes it. I fixed it with a power off/on like you did. Next time, thinking I'll try killing all open apps first to see if there is a conflict with the music player or something.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I listen to music all day at work with a wired headset, plugging them in and out every time I get up from my desk, and randomly receiving calls. I've never had a problem like this.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

and with that link. Let's move this discussion to the thread that already exists....this thread is Have a nice night!
    Sometimes , It is what it is !

Links