DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do?......need input

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

What to do?......need input

With the news (rumor) that the thunderbolt is supposed to be launching on valentines do I get rid of my X? I just bought it (added xtra line) last saturday so I have 7 more days on the return policy, I'm struggling on whether take back the X activate my old phone for 2 days then get the thunderbolt(i think that'll still give me promotional pricing) on monday or just keep my X. I am a rooted user so the ability of rooting comes into play here but I also would like 4g, so I'd like to ask the android community to help me think out loud

PS. I'll be at work during the day won't be able to respond instantly but will be checking back as much as possible

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    If you want 4g, you might as well take back the X and wait a little longer for the TB. Otherwise you're going to be kicking yourself later when you want 4g but are stuck with the X.

However I have no idea on the rooting capabilities of the TB. I can't imagine it being any worse than the DX, and HTC phones have a strong dev community anyways (the Inc often gets the newest ports first).
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    And I've never experienced the htc sense & I believe its more popular than blur

5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    i would take back your DX. certainly take a look at the TB, cuz it looks like it's going to be a cool phone. but, i'm not going to jump at it. even if you don't get the TB, the DX2 is going to be dropping in early Q2, and it will be dual core (but it won't be LTE). i would think that you would certainly be kicking yourself if you just got the DX, and a dual core DX2 came out within a couple months.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    TB is the clear choice. Why? 4G : )

If you didn't care then I'd say keep the DX, but you do..TB for the jbrock win
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dunderbolt
    Thunderbolt all the way. For me it seems the perfect transition phone for the 4g overhaul. You get simultaneous voice and data over 3g, a bonus for calls while tethering. Plus, me being spoiled by the D1, an unlocked bootloader is muy bueno. Everything will be dual core eventually so that's not an issue. The TB just seems to have it all as the network stands now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah I think thunderbolt, ever since I heard the "maybe" release date I figured I might take this X back, wasn't sure how the first 4g phone would do since its just gonna get better and better, but in november my OGdroid line gets upgraded so then I'll have another decision

9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    in november, you're gonna have a whole host of decisions: Bionic, Atrix, Inc2, Solana (i'm still hoping), Moto Nexus (maybe, maybe), and the rumored phones that haven't even come on the radar yet!
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    in november, you're gonna have a whole host of decisions: Bionic, Atrix, Inc2, Solana (i'm still hoping), Moto Nexus (maybe, maybe), and the rumored phones that haven't even come on the radar yet!
    That's another reason why I might keep the X because I'll have the choices of the whole year in november and still have an X which I'm liking more and more hour by hour, dang my want for wanting the newest stuff

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm in the same boat as you.i decided to return my droid. It keeps freezing up on me. It gets petty hot. And its a little laggy. it even turned of f on me while sleeping and I had no alarm so I was late to work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links