DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: T minus 4 hours.....

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    **DROID**

Talking T minus 4 hours.....

So without boring you all with a long drawn out story about why and what happend....

Ive been waiting to get my droid for a month and a half now, and i finally got my back pay from the military that i was waiting for, today is the day! the money came in this morning and im headed straight to verizon in about 4 hours! Im soo excited you guys have no idea.... lurking around here and reading all your post with nothing to add myself was horrible!

Anyway in a couple hours i should be the new owner of a droid, so here is my reason for posting. what are the first i dunno 10 things i should do once i get my phone.

Thanks guys and i cant wait to actually join in on the discussions around here!

EXCITED!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    10. Dance around in circles
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kwood View Post
    So without boring you all with a long drawn out story about why and what happend....

Ive been waiting to get my droid for a month and a half now, and i finally got my back pay from the military that i was waiting for, today is the day! the money came in this morning and im headed straight to verizon in about 4 hours! Im soo excited you guys have no idea.... lurking around here and reading all your post with nothing to add myself was horrible!

Anyway in a couple hours i should be the new owner of a droid, so here is my reason for posting. what are the first i dunno 10 things i should do once i get my phone.

Thanks guys and i cant wait to actually join in on the discussions around here!

EXCITED!
    If you are at all nervous about dropping the phone, think about a case and screen protector right at the store. Verizon will typically discount multiple accessories bought at one time by 20%, so get that car dock to for using the Navigation,and the car charger.

Import your contacts.

Set up a Gmail account. And Google Wallet, which you will need to purchase paid apps.

Play with the phone!

If you like to text message a lot, download Handcent right away, too.

You may want to have a link to the Manual handy, as one does NOT come in the box for this phone.
    Last edited by JessiesGirl; 12-30-2009 at 05:53 AM.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    if you're half as obsessed as I was when getting my phone your contacts will already be in gmail just waiting to be automatically downloaded once you setup the phone.

you also probably have a list of the 10 apps you MUST HAVE right away

if you plan on using the GPS features of the phone I'd suggest you stop at Best Buy and pick up the car dock (Best Buy sells it bundled with the car charger, VZW does not)

Oh... big one here... make sure it's updated to 2.0.1 BEFORE you get too attached to it.. dont play around with it before you update it.. you dont want to get used to things that are just going to change.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Wheels View Post
    if you're half as obsessed as I was when getting my phone your contacts will already be in gmail just waiting to be automatically downloaded once you setup the phone.

you also probably have a list of the 10 apps you MUST HAVE right away

if you plan on using the GPS features of the phone I'd suggest you stop at Best Buy and pick up the car dock (Best Buy sells it bundled with the car charger, VZW does not)

Oh... big one here... make sure it's updated to 2.0.1 BEFORE you get too attached to it.. dont play around with it before you update it.. you dont want to get used to things that are just going to change.
    Nice tip on the car dock/charger combo!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    **DROID**
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiesGirl View Post

If you are at all nervous about dropping the phone, think about a case and screen protector right at the store. Verizon will typically discount multiple accessories bought at one time by 20%, so get that car dock to for using the Navigation,and the car charger.

Import your contacts.

Set up a Gmail account. And Google Wallet, which you will need to purchase paid apps.

Play with the phone!

You may want to have a link to the Manual handy, as one does NOT come in the box for this phone.
    Should i set up a gmail account before i get the phone or no?

And the google wallet... im unfamiliar with this can you elaborate a lil? is it something i need to do before i get the phone?

And how do i know if its the updated OS?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    **DROID**
    O and P.S. i bought the seidio ash gray case about an hour ago lol...
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Import your contacts.

Play with the phone!

And the google wallet... im unfamiliar with this can you elaborate a lil? is it something i need to do before i get the phone?

If you have 4 hours you can use that time to create a gmail account and transfer your contacts/calendar. Better to do it now than after when you want to play with the phone.

Google wallet(checkout?) is not a must, I have not set mine up but I also don't plan to buy apps.

The "official" car navigation(?) dock and media dock will not let you use a case with it, FYI.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Import your contacts.

Play with the phone!

Yes, it's easy to start up a gmail account first. Set it up before going into the store with your password memorized.

Google wallet. I don't think it's necessary. Can be set up at anytime. Then again so can Gmail, I just already had mine set up.

You look at the about screen. I'm quite sure however that it will be updated already to 2.0.1.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    [QUOTE=kwood;106857

And how do i know if its the updated OS?[/QUOTE]

1. Gmail does not need to be done first just nice to have the head start.
    2. google wallet i still have not set up. i have yet to buy an app, freebees work great for me thus far.
    3. ask when you get the phone about the OS. It is over the air update so when phone turns on it will ask to be updated.
    4. have fun and be patient with it.
    also where you stationed? Im at fort hood.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links