DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid X or Droid Bionic ?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Question Droid X or Droid Bionic ?

I am due now for my upgrade with Verizon. I am very impatient and want a new phone now. The Droid X looks nice, but the Droid Bionic looks ridiculous. My question is, should I fold and get the decent-looking X now or endure the long painful wait (no official word, but I've heard April and even later than that!?!) 'til the Bionic launches?

Really the only other thing that could affect my decision is Verizon's data plans.....I'm sure they will cap them eventually and I really would like to upgrade before they do so I can get grandfathered into the unlimited data plan.

So, thoughts? Surely somebody has thought of something that I have not.....

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DX!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by flooritnfly View Post
    I am due now for my upgrade with Verizon. I am very impatient and want a new phone now. The Droid X looks nice, but the Droid Bionic looks ridiculous. My question is, should I fold and get the decent-looking X now or endure the long painful wait (no official word, but I've heard April and even later than that!?!) 'til the Bionic launches?

Really the only other thing that could affect my decision is Verizon's data plans.....I'm sure they will cap them eventually and I really would like to upgrade before they do so I can get grandfathered into the unlimited data plan.

So I was in the same boat man and I caved! I'm glad I did though because this DX is amazing! I looked at the videos of how fast the Bionic was running and it just didn't look like a big performance gap. I'm also not a gamer on my phone so that didn't play a part in my decision. Also its going to be a while until I have 4G in Albuquerque NM so I really wouldn't benefit from a 4G device right away. If the Bionic ends up being that much better I will just bite the bullet I guess and buy one, but this DX halls ass I got alot going on with this device.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @Sarreq
    Phone
    SammyGS3 / ParanoidAndroid2.54
    I'm trying to wait for the Bionic, but my D1 seems like it's gonna die before it's released.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack219 View Post

So I was in the same boat man and I caved! I'm glad I did though because this DX is amazing! I looked at the videos of how fast the Bionic was running and it just didn't look like a big performance gap. I'm also not a gamer on my phone so that didn't play a part in my decision. Also its going to be a while until I have 4G in Albuquerque NM so I really wouldn't benefit from a 4G device right away. If the Bionic ends up being that much better I will just bite the bullet I guess and buy one, but this DX halls ass I got alot going on with this device.
    Wolfpack - What all can/do you do with your Droid X? Also, I'm now considering the HTC Thunderbolt, as it seems that is going to launch sooner than the Bionic... Another question I have is whether Verizon will make you get a 4g data plan if you get a 4g phone even if you don't have 4g service in your area (which I don't now, and probably won't for a while). How long have you had the Droid X and what would you say are the biggest drawbacks/disappointments you've noticed with the X so far?

So maybe for me, it really comes down to the Droid X vs. HTC Thunderbolt instead of X vs. Bionic.......
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I just upgraded to the Droid x and glad I did its a beast of a phone and the difference between the phones is not huge dualcore wont mean much till after a year or so when programs are coded for it.
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Let me say it: OH GOD NO! Not another one of these threads!

Thank you, I feel much better.

Get the X. Nobody knows exactly when the Bionic is coming out, it's 4G capability will be limited until Verizon expands it's coverage over the next two years. The dual processor of course sounds interesting but dual doesn't mean twice as fast. Then in two years when your X and Bionic will both be antiques you can get a really nice 4G phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Lol, sorry but I need opinions and forums are a great place to turn to imo. My upgrade always seems to come at the worst possible time.

But, hookbill, what are your thoughts on the X vs. Thunderbolt ??
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm also in the same boat, My upgrade is ready and I wanted to wait for the bionic, I live in WV which I know wont get 4G any time soon other than charleston, which is 3 hours away from me. I've only found very small parts of WV to have 3G coverage. 4G is not a concern for me I like to have the newest and most up to date tech tho. now I'm deciding on to wait for the thunderbolt or just get the x now.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Lol, sorry but I need opinions and forums are a great place to turn to imo. My upgrade always seems to come at the worst possible time.

But, hookbill, what are your thoughts on the X vs. Thunderbolt ??
    I really don't have any thoughts on the Thunderbolt. Basically I feel the same way as I do about the Bionic.

For me to really get behind and look into a phone, I have to be in the market of buying one and I'm simply not in the market. I know for a fact that it's going to be quite a while before I get a new phone and it's not because I can't afford it, it's just that I have a D1 sitting in front of me, my D2 is on the dock and I have a Blackberry Storm collecting dust on my dresser. Now I guess you could say that the Storm shouldn't be considered in the same class, but I have bought 4 new phones in 2 years time.

With Gingerbread on the horizon, the introduction of tablets (I have an iPad) current and upcoming phones at this time are not grabbing my interest. I'm going to be with my D2 for at least another 15 months. By then all of Verizon just about will be 4G, the X, Bionic, and Thunderbolt will be relics.

So I'm just not excited about the new phones at this time and don't have a great deal of interest. I think in the next year and a half though we will see some real amazing things, and that's when I'll be looking in more detail at phones.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    There is no SINGLE good time to upgrade. It's a continual struggle between "Upgrade NOW!" and "Upgrade when XYZ phone comes out!"

Have you considered doing a one-year contract? If you want to do a two-year, 20 months would take you to about September 2012... I'll expect that the brand new 2012 CES phones will be readily available by then.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links