DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Droid X or Droid Bionic ?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Think I'm gonna go with both on this one. DX and Bionic Duo. I'll give the 4guilty a shot

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------

<<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by patfactorx View Post
    Do u want to pay $200 over the life of your phone for LTE service that u may not use?
    No. I'm perfectly content with an unlimited 3g data plan, the speeds aren't bad plus there is always wi-fi which is everywhere these days..

My NUMBER ONE QUESTION for Verizon right now is if you have to get a 4g data plan just because you purchase a 4g phone...

If yes.... Then I will probably go buy a Droid X right now because it sounds like the clear cut current favorite and I can enjoy unlimited 3g.

If no (and assuming I can get an unlimited 3g data plan with a 4g phone).... Then it's between the Thunderbolt/X/Bionic. Patience will play a big role and so will Verizon's plan with 3g data (if and when they cap it, as I'd like to get grandfathered into the unlimited before they do)
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR
    I have owned a d1 forever then went to the fascinate for 2 days and couldnt stand the touch wiz. Samsung and verizon aren't helping the situation either with the fascinate. They need to release 2.2 on it. I took it back under the exchange policy and got my X I wouldn't trade it for the bionic. I don't need the dual core. If I need to game or do something that intense ill just use my i7 equppied computer I may crack tho when the quad core comes out that's just rediculous bragging rights. Anyway for people who aren't sure about the choice the X is rock solid and very nice to use. Minus the locked bootloader.lol. sorry to ramble I'm at work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thunderbolt
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    They are mostly likely going to charge for the 4G even if you can't get it. They are also going to charge more for the phones. The phones are expected to be around $250 as opposed to $199 for teh 3G. The X2 and Droid 3 are in the works as 3G only, but won't be until May or later. The X2 is rumored for May.

I would look at a Droid X on ebay or craigslist. Why get into any contract with an X at this time.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'd go with the X, especially if you say you are kinda hard up for money.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX

Droid X or Bionic

After living with the Droid X for the past week and a half and moving up from Droid 1, which started having some issues, I highly recommend going for the Droid X NOW...the speed is fantastic, the 4.3 inch screen is great, and, no, it's NOT all that BIG feeling...don't worry about reports that it's TOO BIG..it's just right...especially for web browsing and kindle. I wouldn't want anything smaller now. GO for the X....I find it PLENTY fast enough with the 1GB processor. 4G will be nice, but, really, just HOW MUCH speed do you need. X is plenty fast! I LOVE the X....right now, it's the ultimate 3G smartphone!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by droidaholic1215 View Post
    After living with the Droid X for the past week and a half and moving up from Droid 1, which started having some issues, I highly recommend going for the Droid X NOW...the speed is fantastic, the 4.3 inch screen is great, and, no, it's NOT all that BIG feeling...don't worry about reports that it's TOO BIG..it's just right...especially for web browsing and kindle. I wouldn't want anything smaller now. GO for the X....I find it PLENTY fast enough with the 1GB processor. 4G will be nice, but, really, just HOW MUCH speed do you need. X is plenty fast! I LOVE the X....right now, it's the ultimate 3G smartphone!
    I too went from a D1 to X in November and I agree on size. The only thing I miss is the keyboard, but the size helps as the virtual keyboard is larger on it. Most of the phones moving forward will be keyboardless so I have to get used to it. With all that said, I still would not get a new X now with a 2 year contract. A 1 year is still questionable to me. I would buy one from craigslist or ebay that has no contract. The X2 and D3 will be out within 6 months.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    The X Sounds like plenty of phone for me the only thing that keeps me waiting is when all these new phones come out the X will be half the price soon it's already free to new verizon customers on Dell.com and 49.95 for returning. I think a month or two from now it will be way cheeper and I'll wait for that.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Talking Droid X through motorola website

Just bought a droid x from motorola. We did our 2 year upgrade and got 3 droid x's for 50.00. Not 50 a piece, just 50. Now's a good time to get it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links