DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What handset are you (thinking of) leaving for the Droid?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    PhishVT

What handset are you (thinking of) leaving for the Droid?

I guess I'm just curious. I'm sure we all have our reasons -- whether it be issues with the current phone, or just plain ready for something new... or anything in between.

I'm currently struggling with the Samsung Saga. I bought it around this time last year, and for the most part, it's been a decent phone. Over the last few months though the signal strength has deteriorated so much I can't make any calls from home. I'm hoping it's a handset issue and the Droid will be better -- or I'll have to drop $250 to get the VZW Wireless Extender.

Plus, as a technophile and programmer, it seems that Android is the phone OS of my dreams.. it'll give me a chance to bag programming in .NET and learn Java and customize and hack to my heart's content.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Various Android Devices
    Seriously considering ditching my Blackberry Storm. I don't have any problems with it and I have actually enjoyed the phone, but I tend to be a bit of a phone wh*re and I'm always itching for something new. Now if I could just decide if I want the DROID or the ERIS.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    I'm ditching the storm1. I am over some of the issues with memory and battery pulls each day. Love the device. I am hoping the Droid will be better
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #

Big Jump

Well, I may be making the biggest jump. I am going from the dumbphone,, Samsung Gleam, to the DROID. Calling BestBuy in 40 minutes to see if they will have it on 11.06. If not, I will wait til that date since the Verizon stores 'round here will open at 0600 hours! Either way, it's less than one week away now, and I am pumped. It's a nice bbirthday present to myself, lol
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mijoko View Post
    Well, I may be making the biggest jump. I am going from the dumbphone,, Samsung Gleam, to the DROID. Calling BestBuy in 40 minutes to see if they will have it on 11.06. If not, I will wait til that date since the Verizon stores 'round here will open at 0600 hours! Either way, it's less than one week away now, and I am pumped. It's a nice bbirthday present to myself, lol

Good upgrade, and Happy Bday to you too .
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    I have a storm 1 with since the new update but if this phone is as good as people say it is I might be jumping on the droid band wagon. I have 2 phones eligable for upgrade and will wait till I see more reivews from actual users before I jump
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    leaving behind my last palm - a treo 700p - that has acted valiently through years of use and abuse.
    ebean

a die-hard palm addict moving to droid. help me hold on!

http://beanygetsablog.wordpress.com/
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    I am going to retire my Storm1. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Droid on Nov 6th. The Original Storm has left me wanting. I want something that will make my Smartphone experience BETTER. Not make me looking and wanting the next great fix that might make it Better, Maybe !!

So Droid, here I come. Nov 6th can't come soon enough for me.
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I've loved my Blackberry Curve 8330 and it's done everything it was supposed to, but it's time to move on. Looking forward to a nice big screen and really being able to watch videos, not to mention the amazing NAV program.
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post
    I am going to retire my Storm1. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Droid on Nov 6th. The Original Storm has left me wanting. I want something that will make my Smartphone experience BETTER. Not make me looking and wanting the next great fix that might make it Better, Maybe !!

So Droid, here I come. Nov 6th can't come soon enough for me.
    I'll keep a Storm laying around as a replacement for Red's phone when it breaks and it no longer under warranty . After reading about this device. I think it will do all I need and more. I may even be able to get rid of my alarm clock
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links