DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Mobile version

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    msblueline
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Mobile version

I know there is a mobile version for this thread available. I have this question however. Is there an icon available for this forum to be used on our homescreen similar to CrackBerry's? I use CrackBerry because many defected from there. Also, is DROID far superior to Blackberry? I love the DROID, don't get me wrong now. But, I have seen many things done on the blackberry that DROID cannot do.

Bluetooth ringtones for starters. I think that is similar to iPhones though. iTunes is the same way with ringtones.

I have to say that I love the Blackberry Storm 2, but at the same time I love the DROID too. It is almost like a love hate relationship. I by far love the things the DROID can do better than the Blackberry, just miss what it does that this can't (don't mean BBM).

Back to the origional reason for my thread. Can I put an icon for this forum on my homepage like CB does?

Thanks,

msblueline
    Last edited by msblueline; 12-28-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    msblueline (ms does not stand for Ms., Miss, or Mrs.. It stands for Mississippi.)
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Download Bettercut. It will allow you to customize any icon on your home screen... to whatever you want.

Droid is superior to BB... just keep in mind Android 2.0 is 2 months old.
  3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I have the mobile site of this forum as a bookmark on mine. Can't get any easier than that
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    msblueline
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I appreciate your answers.

I am coming from BlackBerry Storm 2 and I am so used to being able to manipulate the BB that I am having to learn something new all over again.

It took me awhile to realize that I had to really try to hurt the BB. Now I am trying to tell myself the same thing about the DROID.

When I downloaded the CB browser on my Storm, it showed up with the CB logo.

I don't know how to put the shortcut on the desktop. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

I understand that this system is superior to the BlackBerry. I am just getting confused while playing with my new BFF (DROID).

When I had an iPhone, I was able to select the internet page and it would put the link to the front screen. I haven't seen that for the DROID yet, of course there is a lot to go through... I will keep trying.

Thanks,

msblueline
    msblueline (ms does not stand for Ms., Miss, or Mrs.. It stands for Mississippi.)
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    I have the mobile site of this forum as a bookmark on mine. Can't get any easier than that
    Actually, it can.

After you save the site as a favorite, go to Favorites, then long press on the icon for the site, select Add Shortcut to Home. Voila, an icon to your favorite website is on your home page, just like a launcher.
    Last edited by xliderider; 12-28-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Links