DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Well, I almost upgraded today...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    graveyard76
    Phone
    The Bolt; Moto Xoom

Well, I almost upgraded today...

But I couldn't decide between the X, D2 or Samsung Facinate...*sigh* like that the facinate was so skinny and the display was really nice....x had a big screen....didn't like that D2 only came with an 8gb card...my biggest thought is whether or not I would miss a physical keyboard...thinking I will just wait for the new phones to come out..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Break it down. X has the large screen, no physical keyboard. Droid 2 has the keyboard, camera isn't as good as X. Fascinate is running 2.1 and there doesn't seem like there is any support for upgrading it to Froyo.

So now which one do you want?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    graveyard76
    Phone
    The Bolt; Moto Xoom
    Yea Hook...that's what I was thinking...when I asked the guy what the X came with he said Droid...I looked at him and said, yeah but what version? He had to look he didn't even know...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jfhrtn
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Im with hook on this one bc the fascinate doesn't have much support. The fascinate is a good phone but has no updates on the horizon that I know of. The DX has a big screen, good camera, and more ability to overclock and customize in my opinion. I have the D2 and if you are lookin for a good durable phone with a keyboard then the D2 is the best bet. From my experience motorola phones are more durable than most phones I think. Blackberrys are my second toughest phone but they are beginning to be out of date now that the android market is now out. All comes down to if you want a keyboard or not if you decide between the 2 and the X. Hope this lil bit can help

Sent from my D2
    Droid 2/Liberty v2.0.1/LP+/Oc'ed 1.3gHz LV

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    If i was more comfortable without a physical keyboard I would have jumped on the X. It looks like a beautiful phone. I'm just not accurate enough to be without a physical keyboard.

With that in mind, I'm very pleased with the D2. Just today my phone was on my desk and I was just looking at it thinking how nice it looks and how great it is.
    Common Misconception:
    Leaving your GPS on drains battery.
    Truth is: GPS is only used when you open an application that requires it. You can leave GPS toggled on at all times.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'd go with the fascinate I tried all those extensively and the fascinate was by far the snappiest. Screen and battery life was better for me too. Also devs are cooking up both froyo and gingerbread roms just check the forums and see what's going on. Please don't go on a rant about how I'm all wrong and the x or 2 is better. I'm just saying for me the fascinate was the best. May be different for you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Links