DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the 3-pack screen protector from Verizon?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Anyone have the 3-pack screen protector from Verizon?

I bought this with my Droid and tried one on when I got home. It seemed as though it wasn't cut right, or I must have been horribly off, but it was sticking up on the sides of the phone, as in it was perhaps a bit too big?

Has anyone been successful in getting one of these to lay flat and bubble-less on their Droid?

If so, tips?

Thanks.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I have the VZW 3-pack. I found that it has to be positioned exactly on the edge for them all to line up. I don't have any 'hang off'. It's flush with the device but I had to re-adjust a few times
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    I have the VZW 3-pack. I found that it has to be positioned exactly on the edge for them all to line up. I don't have any 'hang off'. It's flush with the device but I had to re-adjust a few times
    Hm, any tips?
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spazma7ik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Hm, any tips?
    windex is your friend. then push out the bubbles with a credit card
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Def the credit card trick. Start from the bottom corner (either side depending on your handed-ness) and get it started a little bit with no bubbles..... then work the rest of the protector down the phone using the credit card.... ensuring there are no bubbles as you slide the card down the face of the phone. the biggest part is removing any dust or debris from the face of the phone... and having a clean environment to apply it. generally i've found that if you start the first inch or so of the protector from one bottom corner, and have a clean area, you can pretty much get a perfect application using a credit card to smooth on the remainder of the protector.

practice helps... i blew through $20 in protectors in one day back when I got my BB Storm. After that you pretty much ensure yourself you're going to perfect it... not to waste that money again!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by spazma7ik View Post
    I bought this with my Droid and tried one on when I got home. It seemed as though it wasn't cut right, or I must have been horribly off, but it was sticking up on the sides of the phone, as in it was perhaps a bit too big?

Has anyone been successful in getting one of these to lay flat and bubble-less on their Droid?

If so, tips?

Thanks.
    www.zagg.com This is a better screen protector. Lifetime warranty, no bubbles.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had more trouble with that three pack than any other screen protector that I have ever used. It seems like it is a bit too big and needs to be trimmed very slightly along the long side. I am on my third one and it is the only one I got on the phone "bubble free", however I was unable to get the corners tight. I think next time I will go back to one of my generic brand films.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have tried 3 of the VZW screen protectors and have yet to get them to adhere properly at the top of the screen. There is always a small area(s) that just will not stick. But the bad part is after a week they start lifting away at the top. Gonna have to find a better one.....
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX

Smile So far, so fair...

I got the three pack as well, however, I told the Verizon 'expert' to install one for me. She did, it seems to be holding up fine, and I've still got two left. Now, there is a slight air bubble in the lower right corner, or more appropriately, a 'separation' of the protector film. But it's not enough to cause a problem.

I checked out the Zagg site. Is it $15 for ONE screen cover? A bit steep, but if it's the last screen cover I ever have to buy, I might go for it when I run out of these stock thingies.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I wasted a 3-pack of those trying to get one right.

I could apply it pretty well, but invariably there would be dust or link that got underneath causing a small bubble. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get the film to apply without getting lint or dust under it.

Zagg's are better? I'll try them...and hopefully in a room with less dust.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links