DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the 3-pack screen protector from Verizon?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    I had trouble getting my first one right. Brought it back to the VZW store, had them put it on and it is dead on perfect. I may have known more about the Droid than the VZW reps on launch day... but they are good at screen protectors.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    VZW rep told me it was next to impossible to get a screen protector on with no bubbles. I've since proven that wrong.... many times with my BB Storm and now with my Droid.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I suck at putting these on. Mine has a few bubbles, but when the screen is on it's acceptable.

My biggest complaint is that they show fingerprints much more than the bare touchscreen ever did.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah, ask the Verizon guys to do it for you if you buy your Droid in a store.

I had to trim the top right corner off of my protector to get it to fit right. I hate that the thing is the exact size of the screen, leaving no room for error for my enormous man hands. If you get it at the slightest angle the opposite corner is going to hang off the phone. Bane of my existence.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have the precut-Verizon 3 pack of screen protectors and had no problem whatsoever getting them onto the phone properly. The directions that come in the pack are excellent. First time I've ever tried to apply a screen protector to anything and it was pretty simple.

Although I was the kid who always won "Operation".

I like the protector. Didn't make the touchscreen difficult to use or cause any other problems.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I got the Zagg one and messed up installing it and had to toss it (which sucks). They were having a 50% off day so I bought another one and have a while of trying to get it lined up right it ended up having pieces of crap on it (I think pieces of the sponge they include). They wouldn't come off... so yet another protector wasted.

Sucks but I'm gonna have to stop after over $20 of protectors. I might try the VZW ones at some point but I'm sure they aren't very good. I have a Zagg on my iPod and it's be superb, guess my foolish hands just couldn't handle the installation of it this time.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    IMO, do not mess with the Zagg ones unless you are very patient and skilled.. You have to wet them to put them on and then line them up perfectly... and if you touch the zagg ones, you have a permanent fingerprint on your screen protector. Another thing, the Zaggs claim to be "invisable" yet the one I had tried on my droid was clear but had kind of a weird texture to it... Oh, and you have to repeat the wet application process for all 14, 15, 16? different pieces it came with

I just bought 2 packs of the Verizon ones and went at it... No they are not perfect, but after applying and re-applying 5 of them, i now have one on that looks great and has zero bubbles.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Graffin View Post

I had to trim the top right corner off of my protector to get it to fit right. I hate that the thing is the exact size of the screen, leaving no room for error for my enormous man hands. If you get it at the slightest angle the opposite corner is going to hang off the phone. Bane of my existence.
    Hahaha...this is exactly why I had my wife do it. Works better with little hands, I think!!!

Mine is applied perfectly, with no bubbles. Gotta love it.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by scottl View Post

Hahaha...this is exactly why I had my wife do it. Works better with little hands, I think!!!

Wouldn't cutting the top and right corner cause the spaces to be offset which are supposed to be clear for the sensors? (Just curious)
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottl View Post

Wouldn't cutting the top and right corner cause the spaces to be offset which are supposed to be clear for the sensors? (Just curious)
    My experience with them , and possibly what they are talking about, is that the Verizon ones are squared-off corners where as the droid has more rounded corners, thus causing the screen protectors to overlap at the corners rather then sit flush, so if you trim them they fit better
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links