VZW sales person talked me out of upgrading today
So...I have a guy at the local VZW reseller who I have gotten to know pretty well ( I even rooted his phone for him...LOL ).
I have been stopping in there every week or two to see what he might be hearing about the new phones and 4g in my area. And although I usually hear the rumors first here. He is always happy to confirm once he hears.
Anyway, so I do not want any of the new Droids announced at CES. Wait...I want the Atrix...but with it on ATT (and likely being super locked down and full of bloat...even more than VZW)...I will not jump ship for it. But the Thunderbolt and Bionic just don't do it for me. On top of that...we are not getting 4g at my home or office until end of the year or later.
So since I don't want any of the phones announced for release by summer...and even if they release one I like like the Atrix...I don't want to sign up for 4G until I get it at home and office at the very least...I have started thinking maybe I should use my upgrade before Sunday on the Droid2G (now that it has SBF leaked). And then use my last NE2 in 13 months to go 4G.
So I walked into the store and talk to my boy. He asked me why I wanted the D2G and why wouldn't I just save it and get the Thunderbolt when it comes out? He then said he was sure that VZW would have a new upgrade plan...but regardless he thought I should wait.
Now here is my dilemma. Was he trying to hint something to me? Or is the D2G not a good phone? Can anyone else think of why he turned down a sale?
Also...what would you do given my circumstances? Upgrade or risk it and wait knowing there may not be a phone you want til late in the year anyway?
Also if you have the D2G...how do you like it? if you had a D1 is it noticeably better? I would think with the more powerful processor and the 8G of internal would be enough reason to chose the D2G if I upgrade now.
Thanks in advance!