DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Verizon's credit criteria for new service???

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member

What is Verizon's credit criteria for new service???

So we just got back from Best Buy. With no new phones. Says we need $125 deposit per line. We were floored. I have a credit score of 760 and my wife's is a 720. Plenty of established credit and everything is always on time. Those credit scores don't require a deposit IMO. Six years ago I got Verizon service and my score was around a 620 and I didn't have to put a deposit down. What gives???

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Go to a corp store and see whats up...Those scores do not warrant a deposit.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    why didn't you just go to a verizon store? Dealing with "authorized dealers" is more of a headache than it should be. I went through that experience once, the salesman lied, we went back 2 days and he got fired. I went straight to an AT&T store instead (yes this while awhile back) and they treated us very well and gave us some gift cards for our stress.

My experience with Verizon was painless and very easy. They set everything up for us and even waived off the activation fee.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    kdkinc
    Phone
    DroidX, Galaxy Nexus
    My first Verizon phone I got from one of those Verizon farm stand stores ( authorized reseller).
    The resell had me sign an additional contract stating that if I broke my contract early not only would I have to pay the early termination fee to VZW but I also had to pay her a $200.00 penalty fee.
    I was glad to get the Verizon phone because of my credit without a deposit.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yeah with those scores I don't see you having to pay a deposit, especially per line. You also went to BestBuy and they are never to be trusted.
    “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    So we just got back from Best Buy. With no new phones. Says we need $125 deposit per line. We were floored. I have a credit score of 760 and my wife's is a 720. Plenty of established credit and everything is always on time. Those credit scores don't require a deposit IMO. Six years ago I got Verizon service and my score was around a 620 and I didn't have to put a deposit down. What gives???
    I had some terrible credit about a year and a half ago, I had no problem whatsoever getting service with them, they didnt even make me pay a deposit. I did mine over the phone.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Thats why I always get mine online at VerizonWireless.com or from the verizon wireless store down the road from me, I never liked buying phones from other places thats for sure.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Sounds wierd to me. IF and please understand there is no way for us to know, but if they found an "unpaid" account from a different cell carrier they would want a deposit. with those score it's doubtful but IF.

With those scores in this economy no deposit should be required. I would contact VZW directly
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    I've been rebuilding my credit, and at the time I got service about 6 months ago I was only at a 575 or so....i got a line of service with no problem from verizonwireless.com
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Those scores are ok, but nothing spectacular. They are around the new average. $125 is a small deposit for VZW. I have seen them charge up to $400 per line. Particularly with the high end phones.

Call them and see what's up. Maybe you don't have enough credit. You can have high scores with few accounts and too few accounts = deposit.

Also, are your scores FICo (as in from myFico) or somewhere else? If they are from somewhere else, they are useless and can be up to 100 points off. Just an FYI.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links