DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jealous iPhone user

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Jealous iPhone user

The attached snippet is a part of a rant by a jealous ego maniac we know. The was part of a post he posted on another site. The claim that he bought a Droid is false but it is an attempt to prove his iPhone is superior. You will get the picture:
    After seeing a promo for the Android Phone at the big "V" I decided to sign up to see what all the hype was about. Being assured that within 30 days if not satisfied I could return the equipment and cancel the service I decided to give it a try. Now I have cached with the iPhone and the iPhone does it all from the time a new cache is published to the time of signing the logbook there is no other equipment needed. This morning two caches nearby were published and the Android phone gave me the same info that I always get on the iPhone, just that it came in two hours after the caches were published and the cache page took forever to load. I decided to go out anyways and see what I could do by just using the phone, needless to say the OS on the Android is slow and cumbersome and there is no way to find a cache without a stand alone GPS unit. All said and done I did find the cache but needed to dust off my Garmin 60csx for the find.
    I have since returned the Android p.o.s.and will continue with the far superior iPhone with a faster processor, and its apps for finding geocaches.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Toad View Post
    The attached snippet is a part of a rant by a jealous ego maniac we know. The was part of a post he posted on another site. The claim that he bought a Droid is false but it is an attempt to prove his iPhone is superior. You will get the picture:
    After seeing a promo for the Android Phone at the big "V" I decided to sign up to see what all the hype was about. Being assured that within 30 days if not satisfied I could return the equipment and cancel the service I decided to give it a try. Now I have cached with the iPhone and the iPhone does it all from the time a new cache is published to the time of signing the logbook there is no other equipment needed. This morning two caches nearby were published and the Android phone gave me the same info that I always get on the iPhone, just that it came in two hours after the caches were published and the cache page took forever to load. I decided to go out anyways and see what I could do by just using the phone, needless to say the OS on the Android is slow and cumbersome and there is no way to find a cache without a stand alone GPS unit. All said and done I did find the cache but needed to dust off my Garmin 60csx for the find.
    I have since returned the Android p.o.s.and will continue with the far superior iPhone with a faster processor, and its apps for finding geocaches.

Can you link the site or article.
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Two thoughts come to mind. If the cache was published, it wouldn't take 2 hours longer to show up on the Droid. Second, there's a lot more geocache programs available for the iPhone than the Droid. I used a couple of Cache programs with my Blackberry and one of the things I've noticed is they haven't really developed a good one for the Droid...yet. With the android platform in its infancy, I'm sure a killer cache app will be available soon. I just love reading the iPhone fanboys defending their phones...they know, they know.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid as of 11/22/09
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Toad View Post
    Attached where?

cuskit
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Ahahahahahaha thats hilarious what a jokester. Miami in Daytona Beach eh? I go there for spring break ... well for nightlife but Ormond Beach the rest of the time lol.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    So the Droid sucks because this guy couldn't find his geocache? HAHAHA! That's rich.

Pardon me if I think that is ridiculous.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Most of the "Droid sucks" articles are from people who have user error issues, or choose not to research to see if an app will provide what they want.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    It is funny how many posts I read in other forums like the BB ones. Things like I tried the droid for a day and it sucks. Either they have never tried it or just did not have the ability to learn it. I don't know of anyone that got everything figured out on this phone in 5 days let alone one. Idiot posts tend to show the poster as a joke more than the thing they are writing about.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    It is funny how many posts I read in other forums like the BB ones. Things like I tried the droid for a day and it sucks. Either they have never tried it or just did not have the ability to learn it. I don't know of anyone that got everything figured out on this phone in 5 days let alone one. Idiot posts tend to show the poster as a joke more than the thing they are writing about.
    5 days...going on close to 6 weeks and still fuzzy on some things....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to get the Droid to make my coffee in the morning. This thing sucks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links