DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't end a call!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Can't end a call!

I love my Droid, but ... Sometimes it spontaneously starts dialing when I accidentally touch something. Then I want to immediately stop the call but I can't. I have to frantically find the right screen (the screen may have changed while it's dialing), and even when I click "Home" then "Phone", there's no END icon and I have to touch "return to call" while I'm in panic mode because it's calling someone I don't want to call! Meanwhile a text message or email might come in. Even repeated BACK clicks don't get me there, and if I press the on/off key it locks the screen while still dialing and I have a blank screen while I'm calling someone! I wish there was a simple quick way to end a call like pressing the on/off twice or holding it or something. Any ideas? Thanks. Otherwise the phone is great.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had the same thing happen,when I tried to re-create the problem I could not. Anyway I discovered that I had a folder called "starred" on my desktop, it had numbers stored in that folder. If I dialed numbers from that folder I got stuck like you did. i.e. not able to stop the call.

After reading your post I thought I'd try it again and sure enough I had the same problem. The only way I could terminate the call is sliding the front cover open, the screen then came back and I was able to end the call. I've tried a couple more times and it seems that if the front cover is not seated closed this happens, but I have been trying it as I write this and the bottom line is sometimes I can terminate the call and other times I can. Add that to my problem with the media card not being recognzied. I going back to Verizon tomorrow to see what's up with this.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Have eithter of you ever had a problem where you cant end a call after being on speaker a long time in the car doc. Happens to me quite a bit and can not figure out why.. Have resorted to pulling out batteries like by old bb days.

Also the spontanious dialing. What is this. My phone a few time will be right next to me, I do not touch it and then I hear someones voice or voice mail talking. I panic and quicly look for a way to hand up. What does this? Any thoughts
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    no problems like that here.
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    one incident where i accidently dialed someones number. I don't even know how cause i was in my call log screen pressing another number, but maybe my thumb might've slipped. was weird, but only incident.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Same problem any new ideas?

I have had this happen multiple times like the original OP. Because it is so sensitive or if a phone number is in a text and I hit it, etc. it will start calling and there is no way to stop it I have found.

There is no END icon, stop, etc. I am forced to go ahead and follow through with the call.

Any ideas?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    i have the same problem on my droid and wife's eris. very frustrating and annoying to the person you accidently called. guess it's the vibration of laying the phone down. also have problem with screen going blank and can't end call. sometimes power off doesn't do anything, sometimes shaking the sob gets the dialer page back for a split second. does anyone from motorola read and address these complaints?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It's overkill, but should work -- switching to airplane mode will end a call. If it's a big enough problem, you could put a widget on your home screen. Or you can combine these two apps to make a long-press on the camera button activate airplane mode:

Airplane Mode Switch v1.0.0 Application for Android | Communication

Button Shortcut v1.6.0 Application for Android | Tools
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

Can end the calls

Quote Originally Posted by bnaguy View Post
    i have the same problem on my droid and wife's eris. very frustrating and annoying to the person you accidently called. guess it's the vibration of laying the phone down. also have problem with screen going blank and can't end call. sometimes power off doesn't do anything, sometimes shaking the sob gets the dialer page back for a split second. does anyone from motorola read and address these complaints?
    Have the same problem here...can't get the screen to come up allowing me to end the calls...it seems that if I put the phone back into my case it will light the screen again. As a side light...it seems that my old Palm Belt case turns my droid on every time that I place it in and take it out of the case. Maybe the magnet latch or something????\
    Overall I have liked my droid but I am still learning its quriks.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    hitting power/sleep button ends a call in progress.

To enable this: settings, accessibility, bottom of options list, check power button ends call.

Also, if screen goes to sleep during a call (why doesn't the droid have an option to stay awake on calls???), hit return, home, or search button - this will wake up phone to phone display and you can end call from there.
    Last edited by calguy19; 04-11-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Links