DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still torn between the Eris and the Moto Droid

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member

Still torn between the Eris and the Moto Droid

Ever since deciding to switch to Verizon I have been flip-flopping back and forth. Just when I think I want the Eris I read something that catchers my attention about the Droid. Then when I think I am set I read something that sways me back to the Eris. I have played with both several times at the corporate store and like them both. The big thing I really like about the Droid is the screen size and physical qwerty even though I really hate the way the keyboard is designed. Might end up being really frustrating for me anyway.

Let me say this. I am nowhere near a "phone geek" as alot of you are. Some of you live eat and breathe this stuff. I have no intentions of hacking, rooting or whatever. I plan on keeping whichever one I chose for at least a year. I am very tech-savvy but don't always need the latest and greatest. The main appeal with the Android phones is the customization options and apps. It is going to be more for fun and a time killer at work while on breaks. Not a business essential or life line.

With all that being said would I regret the Eris???
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Ever since deciding to switch to Verizon I have been flip-flopping back and forth. Just when I think I want the Eris I read something that catchers my attention about the Droid. Then when I think I am set I read something that sways me back to the Eris. I have played with both several times at the corporate store and like them both. The big thing I really like about the Droid is the screen size and physical qwerty even though I really hate the way the keyboard is designed. Might end up being really frustrating for me anyway.

Let me say this. I am nowhere near a "phone geek" as alot of you are. Some of you live eat and breathe this stuff. I have no intentions of hacking, rooting or whatever. I plan on keeping whichever one I chose for at least a year. I am very tech-savvy but don't always need the latest and greatest. The main appeal with the Android phones is the customization options and apps. It is going to be more for fun and a time killer at work while on breaks. Not a business essential or life line.

With all that being said would I regret the Eris???
    No you won't regret the Eris. It is a very good device. I have also played with the eris and i thought it was nice. The sense UI is great too. The great this about Android is you options. So go get one. You have 30 days to return it if you hate it. You won't though. You'll end upp here and playing with your device a lot
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Thanks Miami.

One other thing I should have added is this would be my first step into the Smart Phone world. Up until two years ago I had the attitude that phones were just for calling. Then I stepped up a little and got a full touch screen and medianet on AT&T and it changed my attitude quite a bit. I discovered so much more can be done with a phone. I just don't need it to do everything.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorala droid
    I'm not all tech savay like a lot of people her, and I don't know what else is different then the pull out keyboard. I have the Moto Droid, and I have a really hard time with the physical keyboard. The keys are too flat, and too closely spaced. I keep making myself use it so I hope to get better at it some day but for now I perfer using throne screen landscape keyboard.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Thanks Miami.

One other thing I should have added is this would be my first step into the Smart Phone world. Up until two years ago I had the attitude that phones were just for calling. Then I stepped up a little and got a full touch screen and medianet on AT&T and it changed my attitude quite a bit. I discovered so much more can be done with a phone. I just don't need it to do everything.

Once you start using a smart phone. You can't go back . Atleast I can't. My droid does all I need it to do and more.
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris - Verizon
    I have the Eris and I really like it a lot! I looked at the Droid, but I disliked the keyboard. Plus, I prefer the User Interface (Sense UI) on the Eris.

It's all about preference...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    The Eris might be better for you. It's a nice phone I've looked at and I did like it. Which ever you feel more comfortable with is the way to go.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDROID
    I almost bought the Eris, but then decided on the Droid for 3 reasons:

1) little faster processor
    2) nicer screen (resolution and size)
    3) keyboard

after playing with the droid in the store for awhile, and then the eris.. there was a noticable difference in speed and the screen looked "old" compared to the hi-res of the droid.

The keyboard: if you don't like it, you can use the virtual one same as the eris. For me? I took about a week or so and now I'm good with it and can out type my 13 year old on her env3 . So like anything, you just get used to it.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDROID
    oh and.. don't forget that Verizon is charging a restocking fee now if you do return the phone for the other. So I would recommend just spending and hour or so comparing the phones in the store and you'll know which one "feels" right.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSyeco View Post
    oh and.. don't forget that Verizon is charging a restocking fee now if you do return the phone for the other. So I would recommend just spending and hour or so comparing the phones in the store and you'll know which one "feels" right.
    Really? What if its within the 30-day period?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links