DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Cannot Install/Update ANY App! Help

  1. Master Droid
    rmart88's Avatar
    Member #
    33917
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    Cannot Install/Update ANY App! Help

    So lately, most notably today, i have not been able to install or update any app successfully. I noticed when i tried to update 'Wireless Tether'. It gave me an error message in the notification bar that, when clicked on, gives a pop up window that says "Installation error" followed by "Unknown reason-18" and only gives me an "OK" button.

    This happens when i try to update an existing app, or install a new app. i have tried many times with many different apps. I tried rebooting the phone. I tried a Battery Pull (about 60 seconds). Neither worked.

    I have a rooted D1 running ChevyNo1's SS4.8 ROM (and have been for a long time, so i doubt the problem is within the ROM itself).

    Any one know what is going on?? I would like to be able to update my apps


    THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88


    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher


  2. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Go to you settings/apps/manage apps/all apps. Locate the Market and clean both the cache and the data. That should clear it up for you.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    rmart88's Avatar
    Member #
    33917
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    That didnt fix it :/ It didnt allow me to clear the cache, there was non. Clearing the Data didnt solve it. Thanks though.

    I also thought to try updating/installing over 3G, not WiFi... this didnt help either.


    THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88


    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher


  4. Senior Droid
    steveil's Avatar
    Member #
    113542
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    I have the same exact problem. Cleared cache and data but install still unsuccessful. Any other ideas (rooted droid 1)
  5. LT*
    LT* is offline
    Master Droid
    LT*'s Avatar
    Member #
    30007
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    641
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    #5
    I had this issue a while back. Look on you SD card in the android.secure folder. That's where your apps to SD are stored. In my case, I had duplicates of my apps in there designated with a 1 and 2. I manually deleted all the duplicates (2's) rebooted, and it cleared up. Still not entirely sure how they got duplicated, but I believe it was Titanium that did it. I have my install location set to external, so that may have done it during one of my ROM flashes.
  6. Master Droid
    rmart88's Avatar
    Member #
    33917
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    I had this issue a while back. Look on you SD card in the android.secure folder. That's where your apps to SD are stored. In my case, I had duplicates of my apps in there designated with a 1 and 2. I manually deleted all the duplicates (2's) rebooted, and it cleared up. Still not entirely sure how they got duplicated, but I believe it was Titanium that did it. I have my install location set to external, so that may have done it during one of my ROM flashes.

    When I go to my .andriod_secure folder (dont have an android.secure) via Astro it just says 'Directory Empty'....


    THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88


    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher


  7. LT*
    LT* is offline
    Master Droid
    LT*'s Avatar
    Member #
    30007
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    641
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rmart88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    I had this issue a while back. Look on you SD card in the android.secure folder. That's where your apps to SD are stored. In my case, I had duplicates of my apps in there designated with a 1 and 2. I manually deleted all the duplicates (2's) rebooted, and it cleared up. Still not entirely sure how they got duplicated, but I believe it was Titanium that did it. I have my install location set to external, so that may have done it during one of my ROM flashes.

    When I go to my .andriod_secure folder (dont have an android.secure) via Astro it just says 'Directory Empty'....
    You need to view it from your computer. I can't find it with Astro or even root explorer( can see the folder, just not the contents). Mount your card to your pc and view from there.
  8. Master Droid
    rmart88's Avatar
    Member #
    33917
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post

    You need to view it from your computer. I can't find it with Astro or even root explorer( can see the folder, just not the contents). Mount your card to your pc and view from there.
    I tried that too. I cant see folders that start with a "." such as .android_secure. I am using a Mac, would that effect it?


    THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88


    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher


  9. LT*
    LT* is offline
    Master Droid
    LT*'s Avatar
    Member #
    30007
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    641
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rmart88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post

    You need to view it from your computer. I can't find it with Astro or even root explorer( can see the folder, just not the contents). Mount your card to your pc and view from there.
    I tried that too. I cant see folders that start with a "." such as .android_secure. I am using a Mac, would that effect it?
    Don't know, but I suspect it may. I can see mine, but I'm running XP.
  10. Master Droid
    rmart88's Avatar
    Member #
    33917
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #10
    that worked! thanks! only issue is, i had to go through and reinstall a majority of my apps. But at least i was able to!! thanks again


    THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RMART88


    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Nova Launcher


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Can't install an update.zip in SPRecovery
    By jimholcomb in forum cvpcs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 05:09 PM
  2. Cant install update.zip
    By kyle94481 in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 11:21 PM
  3. facebook update won't install
    By dunamis in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
  4. Can not get update.zip files to install
    By madeen2 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 11:52 PM
  5. Is Anyone NOT Going to Install the OTA Update?
    By TxDoc in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Search tags for this page

.android secure folder mac
,
.android secure mac
,
android cannot install app
,

android cannot install to sd card

,
android cant install on sd card error
,
can not install updates on droid
,
droid 2 cannot install
,
droid cannot install to sd card
,
droid x cant download to sd card
,
updates cannot download to sd card on android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+