DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: iPhone 3GS vs Motorola Droid

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    ahhh that was refreshing. Not biased at all. These are the kind of reviews that I like to read. No BS.....the fact of the matter is they really are both great devices.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Yeah after reading quite a few reviews you can easily tell the ones that are biased. But of course a few of them probably got free iphones anyways for writing their reviews.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #

Coverage

Well, for us folks in rural areas where there is NO AT&T service, we now have a nearly comparable option. I have wanted an iPhone since they came out. They are way cool. But now I can have a way cool phone on Verizon, which works WELL in my world. Yay! Can't wait til Friday.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Welcome to the forums lauriep. I'm glad you could join us. Rural areas are the defeat of the iphone.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    ahhh that was refreshing. Not biased at all. These are the kind of reviews that I like to read. No BS.....the fact of the matter is they really are both great devices.
    Yes Sir, that is my take on it all. I have not seen anything to make me want to look at a different device over the Moto Droid. This guy did a GREAT review on the Droid.
    Where Ever you Go! There You Are !!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #

Talking

I have been waffling and vacillating for a good while now, wanting something better, well, wanting an iPhone, but having EVERYONE who has had one out here tell me not to bother. So, I looked at the Rogue (not smartphone), the Tour (but I really want a touchscreen), the Storm2 (was about to commit to that), when I saw the DROID on TV, then on Crackberry. I Googled it and saw several videos and found this board. Instantly, I knew this was the one. I'm at peace now!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    I wanted an iphone for a long time, but the thought of being in a contract with AT&T makes me cringe. My contract is up with my current carrier and was hoping for something great coming to Verizon, now I have found what I was looking for with the Droid.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    I have been waffling and vacillating for a good while now, wanting something better, well, wanting an iPhone, but having EVERYONE who has had one out here tell me not to bother. So, I looked at the Rogue (not smartphone), the Tour (but I really want a touchscreen), the Storm2 (was about to commit to that), when I saw the DROID on TV, then on Crackberry. I Googled it and saw several videos and found this board. Instantly, I knew this was the one. I'm at peace now!
    glad to have you here! welcome and enjoy!
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    My iphone 3gs 32gb is boxed up and tomorrow will be on it's way to it's new owner. Regrets? Sure there are some but the biggest one is related more to itunes than the iphone.

The things I'm definitely not going to miss are the crappy AT&T service. I live in a smallish town in Wyoming and service is adequate in town but leave the city limits and I might as well have left the iphone home, and that's the case for roughly 100 miles in any direction. I won't miss the non-removable memory and battery. I won't miss the absense of the camera flash or the 3.0 megapixel limit.

That's just me. In the end the decision comes down to bars....as in signal or absense thereof.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links