DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

Question How long?

How long does it take for the first charge on an HTC Incredible? I have it plugged into my Dell Inspiron 15R... its been about 2 hours...
    "If at first you dont succeed, hit it harder, or get a biggar hammar" ROLL TIDE ROLL 2009 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS National Championship #13

"I am a believer in knowing what you are doing before you apply for a job."- US President Barack Obama when asked in 2004 why he would never run for president.
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    usb charging takes much longer as it draws less power

plug into an outlet and it'll be fully charged in about an hour
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I was told I cannot unplug it until it is fully charged as it would mess the phone up... is this true?
    "If at first you dont succeed, hit it harder, or get a biggar hammar" ROLL TIDE ROLL 2009 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS National Championship #13

"I am a believer in knowing what you are doing before you apply for a job."- US President Barack Obama when asked in 2004 why he would never run for president.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    not true at all.

however i did read on something called, battery memory, and if this is the first charge it is best to leave it plugged in til fully charged.

HOWEVER (again, lol), when the phone is on and the green light comes on, it may not be fully charged. You could "bump charge" meaning turn the device off and plug it in and it will continue to charge.

Either way you probably won't notice a difference, and as i hate to say the battery life on the incredible is pretty bad. I even have a spare battery in case
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    This is the first charge... have not even turned it on yet.... Do not want to take the chance of messing up the "battary memory" w/e the #%#@ that means...

6. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELUS8403 View Post
    This is the first charge... have not even turned it on yet.... Do not want to take the chance of messing up the "battary memory" w/e the #%#@ that means...
    There was a thread on battery memory or whatever awhile back, can't find it now.

You're not going to hurt the phone or the battery in any way if you decide to turn it on while charging or unplugging it.

Hope you enjoy your phone when you finally do get to use it!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Thx... "WHEN" is the prob lol My patience is running lower than the battery... What is this "battery memory"? And how will it be affected if I unplug from the comp and plug into the wall?

8. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Thx... "WHEN" is the prob lol My patience is running lower than the battery... What is this "battery memory"? And how will it be affected if I unplug from the comp and plug into the wall?
    battery memory, if i'm right... is how the battery knows when it's at full capacity. As the battery gets older the max capacity diminishes. Some say the first charge is the most important, however, i also read this doesn't apply to newer batteries anymore...

Since you're charging via USB and depending on battery life, it all varies. When I got my Incredible I fired it up at about 30% battery life to activate it, and left it plugged in overnight via outlet. I then turned it off in the morning while plugged in to bump charge it and waited for the green light.

USB will always take longer than an outlet charge, how much longer exactly? I don't know to be honest, i just know it is much longer. As for unplugging at plugging it in to the wall, it won't be bad at all. IF you want quicker charge, then unplug it and put it into an outlet.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    ITS GREEN!!!! After I finish my sandwhich Ima fire it up and activate it. Tommorow I will let the battery die then recharge it overnight

10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    ITS GREEN!!!! After I finish my sandwhich Ima fire it up and activate it. Tommorow I will let the battery die then recharge it overnight
    Never let a battery completely drain, that i know is bad for the battery. Also Droids have been known to have some trouble when the battery is completely drained. They tend to not turn back on after if you haven't charged it for an hour after a complete drain.

Your battery is set and good to go. If you're concerned about battery life find an app called JuiceDefender. I've been running it for a week and it seems to help, especially on the Incredible which is known for horrible battery.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links