DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: all text messages just got deleted

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    VTCapsFan
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

all text messages just got deleted

I have it set to never delete old texts and for some reason my phone just randomly deleted every message i had

any ideas?

also, how can i delete a navigation route from my layers on maps?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    seems if you kill apps alot with a task killer you tend to have the sms vanish thing happen

SMS Backup is a nice app it will auto upload your sms messages to your gmail with a SMS label in its own little fake folder really nice for that plus having a searchable archive both on pc and phone through the gmail app is pretty impressive
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Same thing happened to me today. I had over a thousand texts messages from various people, and when I went to check today after class they were all just simply gone. Every message I've ever sent or received, just gone.

And you know... I really do want to love the droid with all my heart, but it's **** like this that makes me wish I would've never even considered it; Droid was a good 6 months premature, I can't understand how these issues go unchecked. I just hope they fix crap like this sooner than later, otherwise I may be forced to get an iPhone.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    This happened to me last night, too.. Wonder what the deal is?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Has happened to me 3 times. Never installed a task killer app...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Yep. It's happened to me and my GF on more than one occasion. It has nothing to do with ATK, we don't have it. as far as I know it's just a bug... a very aggravating bug.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I had this problem when I first got the phone. Not sure if you guys are having the same problem I was.

I'm using the Handcent app for txts. But the DROID comes with a stock Messaging app. If I have the Handcent set to never delete messages, but the stock messaging app is set to delete after a 100 or whatever, it will whip all messages from both txting apps. Make sure the settings for all your texting apps are the same, or shut off the delete option for a txting app you aren't using.

See if that helps.
    --Motorola DROID user--
    www.myspace.com/nickhacklemanmusic
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Not sure about everyone else, but I don't use any third party text applications.. Just "Messaging."
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid + CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
    Quote Originally Posted by tha]-[acksaw View Post
    I had this problem when I first got the phone. Not sure if you guys are having the same problem I was.

I'm using the Handcent app for txts. But the DROID comes with a stock Messaging app. If I have the Handcent set to never delete messages, but the stock messaging app is set to delete after a 100 or whatever, it will whip all messages from both txting apps. Make sure the settings for all your texting apps are the same, or shut off the delete option for a txting app you aren't using.

See if that helps.

its not a droid issue it is from third party apps such as task killer, task killers built into some home replacements and some third party messengers/message count widgets

i had this happen a few times got pi**ed removed the free task killer that from the VZW section from my cell went months with no issue reinstalled said app happened again the same day

there is an app to bakc up all your sms messages to gmail btw i used that for a few weeks after i uninstalled the task killer to be safe

better option is to use google voice for txting if thats an options it is what i plan to start doing anyways
    Last edited by TekHawk; 01-29-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    For Android news, updates, links to roms and more check out http://www.tekhawk.com

And for news on my future Launcher themes once I find the time to start theming them again.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TekHawk View Post
    seems if you kill apps alot with a task killer you tend to have the sms vanish thing happen

SMS Backup is a nice app it will auto upload your sms messages to your gmail with a SMS label in its own little fake folder really nice for that plus having a searchable archive both on pc and phone through the gmail app is pretty impressive
    +A BAJILLION (too many zero's)

SMS Backup is incredible. I wish more people new about this app before having to deal with this issue. I haven't had this happen to me yet, but it is great to know my messages are safe just seconds after sending/receiving them
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links