DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Desktop icon spacing (WHY SO FAR APART)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Desktop icon spacing (WHY SO FAR APART)

Anyone know of a way to close the gap between app icons on the desktop.... Good Lord you could double the number of apps on a panel if you could tighten up the spacing... ah la the iPhone.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    there are apps that will mess with what you can fit in the spaces. they're spaced out to accomodate for resolution, orientation and fat fingers.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenham View Post
    Anyone know of a way to close the gap between app icons on the desktop.... Good Lord you could double the number of apps on a panel if you could tighten up the spacing... ah la the iPhone.
    Oh, come on, if you want an iphone then buy an iphone. This is not a duplicate of the iPhone it's the Droid.

I fine nothing wrong with the icon spacing, but maybe I have fat fingers like the previous poster discussed.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I may be wrong, but I think the home screen on the iphone is always in portrait view, right? And the Droid home screen rotates between portrait and landscape. The Droid needs to have slightly different spacing because the screen orientation changes.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Oh, come on, if you want an iphone then buy an iphone. This is not a duplicate of the iPhone it's the Droid.

I fine nothing wrong with the icon spacing, but maybe I have fat fingers like the previous poster discussed.
    Are you F-ing kidding me..... Damn guys, it's a damn phone, hardly on the same plane as abortion rights, and prayer in the classroom.

All I asked for was a way to fit MORE ICONS on a screen. We have a bigger screen and better resolution than the iphone so why can't we?.

I am not buying the guess of orientation issues as I have to scroll now anyway. If your fingers are to big to touch the icons, you may have just proven Darwinism.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    @Greenham

Go ask for something that is like the Droid on an iPhone forum you will get flamed off the board. As for something that is iPhone like on a Droid, and you will get frustrated responses from some (including me at time to be honest) simply becuase not everything need to work "a la the iPhone"

As the old saying goes, just because you CAN do something that you should. The point of the app draw is so you don't need to have screens and screens of icons to page through to find the app you want. It is a design choice.

But also as 640k points out, there are things in the Market that will allow you to tweak that if you so desire. That is the great thing about open platform... choice. (unlike the iPhone )

And most of all, it is not personal. You like tight icons, somebody else doesn't. Ease up on the Darwinism.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    The Droid's spacing is predetermined because, unlike the iPhone (which CAN'T), the Droid app menu CAN rotate to landscape. It has to be set as is so that the phone displays properly in both portrait and landscape. That's all.
    There are apps for 'more' icons in the spacing.... More Icons Free Widget v2.0 Application for Android | Productivity
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

Are you F-ing kidding me..... Damn guys, it's a damn phone, hardly on the same plane as abortion rights, and prayer in the classroom.

All I asked for was a way to fit MORE ICONS on a screen. We have a bigger screen and better resolution than the iphone so why can't we?.

I am not buying the guess of orientation issues as I have to scroll now anyway. If your fingers are to big to touch the icons, you may have just proven Darwinism.
    i think you need to settle down before your thread gets closed. we're all here to help.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I put folders on the desktop to categorize my most used apps..
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I agree.... icons are to spaced out.... and it's not for resolution it's for the bio touch screen spacing which should be tighter than the way they made it.... portrait or landscape both still should be closer.... and who mentioned anything about wanting a damn iphone anyway.... sounds like someones very sensitive about the iphone... someone got mollested with an iphone I guess... sick f..er
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links