DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need An App For That

  1. Junior Droid
    Droidforums's Avatar
    Member #
    1648
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Need An App For That

    EDIT:
    Thank you, but that I did know about the setting on the droid.. Maybe I did not make it clear.
    The "defualt" lowering option still leaves the screen to bright.
    I was looking for another solution that bypasses the default setting so I an choose to make the screen MUCH lower than the default.

    You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.

    Also, any headset out there to make the songs skip to the next song using the headset button. Im also looking for a music app that supports play,pause,skip a song and have not found ANY. Does this exist?

    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by Droidforums; 11-08-2009 at 09:38 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Inundated's Avatar
    Member #
    327
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    120
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #2
    Menu > Settings > Sound & display > (scroll down a bit) > Brightness

    You can also make a shortcut to Sound & display.
  4. Junior Droid
    fegarem's Avatar
    Member #
    249
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidforums View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm looking for an app or "something" that can lower the brightness of the screen. You see I read alot at night and the droids back light is killing my eyes. I did find some little apps that lowered the light but the screen is still to BRIGHT!

    Am I stuck with this or is there something or an app I can use to choose just how low I want. This is one thing I miss from my iphone, with the iphone I could really lower that bright screen. With droid it is rediculous bright, not to mention its killing 48% of the battery unnecessary.

    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Menu => Settings => sound & display => Brightness

    You may have to scroll down some, especially when you get to sound & display because the Brightness setting is second to last in the menu options.
  5. Junior Droid
    Droidforums's Avatar
    Member #
    1648
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    Menu > Settings > Sound & display > (scroll down a bit) > Brightness

    You can also make a shortcut to Sound & display.

    Thank you, but that I did know. Maybe I did not make it clear.
    The "defualt" lowering option still leaves the screen to bright.
    I was looking for another solution that bypasses the default setting so I an choose to make the screen MUCH lower than the default.

    You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.
  6. Senior Droid
    Inundated's Avatar
    Member #
    327
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    120
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidforums View Post
    You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.
    Oh, OK. I see what you're talking about, now.

    It's probably going to require someone to write an app for it, if it can even be done. The menu option above is the "default" brightness control, and if there's any way to "push below it" as a user-defined setting, it won't be easy.
  7. Junior Droid
    Droidforums's Avatar
    Member #
    1648
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidforums View Post
    You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.
    Oh, OK. I see what you're talking about, now.

    It's probably going to require someone to write an app for it, if it can even be done. The menu option above is the "default" brightness control, and if there's any way to "push below it" as a user-defined setting, it won't be easy.

    Man I HOPE someone makes as app for that. I will be more than happy to pay good cash for it!
  8. Master Droid
    mjs31's Avatar
    Member #
    161
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    873
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidforums View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidforums View Post
    You ever notice how sometimes the screen will DIM when you use certains apps? The screen CAN go dimmer but we just need a way to make it work.
    Oh, OK. I see what you're talking about, now.

    It's probably going to require someone to write an app for it, if it can even be done. The menu option above is the "default" brightness control, and if there's any way to "push below it" as a user-defined setting, it won't be easy.

    Man I HOPE someone makes as app for that. I will be more than happy to pay good cash for it!

    No doubt someone will. This open source thing is great.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Find us on Google+