I would like to integrate my phone (Motorola DROID) and my car. I would like to be able to:
What is the best way to integrate the phone with the car stereo?
- Listen to MP3's stored on my phone over the car speakers.
- Listen to the SiriusXM app on my phone over the car speakers.
- Listen to voice navigation on my phone over the car speakers.
- Maybe listen to phone calls over the car speakers as well.
I've got a 2004 Jeep Liberty (stupid Chrysler 1.5 DIN slot) with a Pioneer AVIC-N3 in-dash navigation installed, but I'm not that fond of it. The AVIC has navigation and SiriusXM, but I use my phone for for both most of the time now. I could eliminate the AVIC if my phone and car become one with each other. I'm completely out of touch on car stereo technology. I was thinking about replacing the stereo and was wondering if there was a unit that would make this integration easier.
- Can I do all of the above with and FM transmitter, or via BlueTooth, or a wired USB connection?
- Is one of the methods superior for sound quality?
All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.