DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corporate email question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Corporate email question

Ok, I finally got my corporate email set up under the default widget. (The envelope with @ symbol on it). Now here is the problem. When I receive an email it doesn't let me know. I looked under notification settings and the box that says Email Notifications (notify in status bar when email arrives) is checked. When I set it up I went under General Settings:Email check frequency and set it for 15 mins. What it was doing was every 15 mins sending a notification that I had mail but when I opened the widget there was no new email. This was driving me crasy so I set it to never. Now I'm sure that is why it isn't notifying me now when I have mail, but what do I need to do where it will check for mail every few mins but only notify me when I receive new mail? Thanks in advance for everyones help.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    This is a bug in the stock e-mail app that I have heard several people have issues with. I have been recommending people download K-9 Mail (the final version, not the beta), as it is much more stable (and it is free) than the stock application.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If I use K9 mail will I have to reconfigure my settings? I don't know what settings my IT guy used to set it up with our server.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsawkilr View Post
    If I use K9 mail will I have to reconfigure my settings? I don't know what settings my IT guy used to set it up with our server.
    Check the Incoming and Outgoing Server Settings under Account Settings for the default email app. Then duplicate those in K-9.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I noticed on k9 one review was saying that it stops syncing when you switch from wifi to 3g. Anyone experienced this? Is there a fix? If I use k9 how can I remove my corporate account from the default account?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Hold on... is this EXCHANGE? If so, your frequency should have been set to "Automatic (Push)"
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    How do I Know if this is EXCHANGE? Also, what is EXCHANGE? Help please. Im not getting email with this frequency set to never.If this is exchange how can I go back and set it to automatic push? HELP PLEASE

If it helps we use Kerio Mail Server 6.4.2 Web Mail
    Last edited by jigsawkilr; 12-23-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr

"When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    If you are using Kerio, then it depends on what options your IT department has set up. Specifically if they have ActiveSync enabled. Unfortunately, that is not something I can answer for you.

You will need to find this out from your IT guy. Ask him if you are set up for ActiveSync or IMAP. If IMAP then you can download and use K-9 Mail.

If however you are using ActiveSync, then the first thing you should try is going into the E-mail > Menu> Account Settings> E-Mail check Frequency and at the top of the list of options should be "Automatic (Push)" If that is still not working you may want to look at Exchange for Android 2.0 in the Market (there is a 5 day free trial) install that and give it a try to see if that resolves the issue.

, you do not need to remove the setting from e-mail first, install either k-9 or Exchange for Android 2.0 and like GVLBob said, just copy the settings from what your IT guy installed and use them to set it up and try first. If it works, then you can remove the settings from the default mail client.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    OK, I installed K9 Mail? Doesn't work. I copied my settings exactly like my IT guy set up my default mail, now I cant send from either one. Default or K9. It will recieve but not send.Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

When I go into folders K9 Mail errors it says socket is not conected. My default says unable to connect to server now? What did I do?
    Last edited by jigsawkilr; 12-24-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr

"When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Check your Outgoing Server settings. Most likely it will require using "SSL" in the Security settings (adding the K-9 shouldn't have affected your other mail account unless you changed something).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links