DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My LOL convo with an iPhone friend...

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

My LOL convo with an iPhone friend...

...names have been changed to protect the innocent...
    Quote Originally Posted by An IM Conversation...
    640k: when are you going to dump that crappy iproduct and get a droid?
    iphone luvr: plz - the droid is trying so hard to be an ipohone
    640k: lolololol
    640k: fanboi
    iphone luvr: they literally brought it into a meeting and said - how can we copy this cool f-ing thing
    640k: seriously? you know Android OS has been around for a few years now, right?
    iphone luvr: well - they dropped the ball. it will never touch the same market share as the iPhone
    640k: who dropped the ball? google?
    iphone luvr: if they had it for a few years - they should have released it when they could
    iphone luvr: too late now.
    640k: the iphone would be nothing without their app store, just another dumb phone on a crappy network
    iphone luvr: totally - but its the best iPod too
    iphone luvr: sitting on the toilet has never been the same since i got my iphone
    640k: same here
    iphone luvr: anyways - on to new topics
    lol. justification fail. good luck with your "blue" network.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Well, he does make a good point about the app store. the current market sucks.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    it will get better. the big problem here is the only recognition of Android that Google received were from a few die-hard tech-nerds. apple made it easy to jump ship with their dumbed-down development and huge market share.

the DROID is the first step in Android making a dent in the smartphone market.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Well yea, it will get better. Already has. They have been silently improving the search the last week or so.

And dumbed down for the general public is the way to make money. You can't knock apples marketing or development. Now the hardware and network they use may be inferior but the ease of use can't be argued. Make no mistake if moto and google could have a bunch of 12 year olds with droids like apple has with iphones they would love it. Luckily, it's open source and rooted so we will always have our core nerd love for it!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    there is def a big difference in development standards between the two. Google has already shown more promise for a better future than Apple has with their close-minded approach to everything (sometimes i feel even MS is more receptive and open-minded than Apple ever is).

their (Apple) elitist approach to marketing and products can't last forever.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Apple is no dummy. Marketing and a smooth interface tied into anything they produce. It took Apple forever to start using Intel CPU because they want control of every process going on in their devices. Software and apps run well together. Does that make it better? For some it does, but take a look at how many IPhones have been Jailbreak. Look at Bootstrap where people can run Windows on Mac. People are starting to look elsewhere.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman2220 View Post
    Apple is no dummy. Marketing and a smooth interface tied into anything they produce. It took Apple forever to start using Intel CPU because they want control of every process going on in their devices. Software and apps run well together. Does that make it better? For some it does, but take a look at how many IPhones have been Jailbreak. Look at Bootstrap where people can run Windows on Mac. People are starting to look elsewhere.
    Don't forget Hackintosh for people who want to spend $400 on a $3000 equivelant Mac.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman2220 View Post
    I think you meant Boot Camp, not bootstrap. It partitions a portion of the hard drive so that you can run Windows. That's what comes with a Mac. I happen to use VMware Fusion so I can run both simultaneously.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Don't even get me started on Macs...
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't think it's Mac/Apple that's so bad as it is the self-entitled user base. but that's just personal opinion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links