DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Verizon Warranty

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Question about Verizon Warranty

My d1 is a little over a year old (i think a year and a week) and the camera refuses to focus. At this point I'm sure its a hardware program because I have flashed the sbf and I still get issues. I'm out of warrant now (got the phone last dec 12). I have insurance, but I don't want to pay 90 since I've already paid 90 once to have the phone replaced. Is there any way I can get verizon to give me a new phone or something? I don't need a droid 2, although it would be nice. I would be perfectly happy with another d1. Anyone have any experience trying to get verizon to help you out if you're out of warranty?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro6128 View Post
    My d1 is a little over a year old (i think a year and a week) and the camera refuses to focus. At this point I'm sure its a hardware program because I have flashed the sbf and I still get issues. I'm out of warrant now (got the phone last dec 12). I have insurance, but I don't want to pay 90 since I've already paid 90 once to have the phone replaced. Is there any way I can get verizon to give me a new phone or something? I don't need a droid 2, although it would be nice. I would be perfectly happy with another d1. Anyone have any experience trying to get verizon to help you out if you're out of warranty?
    Your best bet at this point is to try and get an early upgrade. Verizon isn't going to replace a phone that is out of warranty but if you call customer service and explain the situation to them, make it clear that you'd like to see what can be done about an early upgrade I think they may be willing to work with you.

I answered almost an identical thread on this earlier. If the first person doesn't want to cooperate, try again. By the third call tell the rep "this is my third call…".

You may get it right away, I'm just describing how I worked it out one time.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    U said u already paid 90 once? Did u already make an insurance claim? If u did the insurance replacements from asurion have a 1year warranty .. just call asurion and tell them u need it replaced under warranty. . They'll do it for free

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Motorola Droid - MIUI ROM 1.3.25 with Killtime theme
    Slayher's 1.2 GHz Kernal w/out SetCPU
    MIUI Mods

HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Really? And I won't have to pay a deductible again? I paid 90 once because I had the phone on my lap in the car, then got out, and the phone fell to the ground, which shorted out the screen. I paid 90 and got a replacement. If they have a 1 year warranty on it then that might be the way to go!

And I want to avoid the early upgrade since I'm waiting for the dual core beasts that will be coming out soon.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid LFY1.95
    Don't quote me on this but I think Assurion's warranty is for 60 or 90 days?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I talked to asurion and they said because there is a scratch on the bezel, my warranty with them is voided. Then I asked how a scratch on the front part of my phone effected the camera in the back, and they hung up on me. The camera wasnt working before i got the scratch.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I talked to asurion and they said because there is a scratch on the bezel, my warranty with them is voided. Then I asked how a scratch on the front part of my phone effected the camera in the back, and they hung up on me. The camera wasnt working before i got the scratch.
    Just call back and talk to someone else .. just play dumb and say the scratch was on your case and u didn't realize u had it on cuz its clear ..they will warranty it

MIUI Mods

HTC Thunderbolt - Gingeritis with Sense 3.0 with Imoseyons GB lean Kernal 2.8.2 Overclocked to 1.4 GHz
    Thunderbolt Mods
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @onsht1kll
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I think Assurion's warranty is for 60 or 90 days?
    Asurions warranty is 1 year on a refurb .. when u get it replaced u get another 1 year warranty

MIUI Mods

Thunderbolt Mods
  9. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    That's very unprofessional of them to hang up...you can tell they don't care about there customers...anyways I've always had problems with asurion...they try to rip you off...give it another try and hopefully you will speak with someone nice

Sent from my DROID2
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Scratches don't necessarily void the warranty with manufacturers. Why would they with Asurion? They're just being cheap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links