DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: NEWBIE HERE...need help deciding which droid to get

  1. Droid Newbie
    meatbeater's Avatar
    Member #
    147433
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    NEWBIE HERE...need help deciding which droid to get

    main concern is battery life. i have verizon. which droid has the best battery life? also what is the best droid overall right now? i'm thinking about the droid 2. or should i hold off if theres a new one coming out soon? also how much will the exteneded battery help the droid 2? it doesnt seem like it makes it that much thicker.
    Last edited by meatbeater; 12-12-2010 at 02:02 AM.
  2. Droid Newbie
    meatbeater's Avatar
    Member #
    147433
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #2
    bumppppppppppppppp
  3. Senior Droid
    minger's Avatar
    Member #
    88872
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Env Touch
    #3
    It will help and not make it much bigger. Worst comes gto worst replacement batteries are like 4 bucks. Dx and droid 2 get decent battery life if I remember right, except for the first few days when you'll be playing with it nonstop
  4. Senior Droid
    dispatch1054's Avatar
    Member #
    67179
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    155
    Phone
    Droid 1, Fascinate --> Droid X
    #4
    Hey and welcome to the forum!

    The best battery life, right now, goes to the Droid X. It's said to be phenomenal. Although the Samsung Fascinate could certainly compete with it. As for what to buy, it really depends on what you want. Do you need the physical keyboard? Do you care about screen size? Do you want to root and mod your phone? All things to consider.

    There will be a whole mess of phones coming out, supposedly, early next year, but I know waiting is torturous. I would go play with each phone in the store and see which ones suit your needs. If you are a patient person though, the next generation of phones are gonna be pretty amazing .
  5. Droid Newbie
    meatbeater's Avatar
    Member #
    147433
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Do you think the new phones coming out will be mch better than the droid 2? Ill wait if its worth it, I prefer to have a keybaord.
  6. Senior Droid
    Aram58's Avatar
    Member #
    116762
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    130
    Phone
    original droid
    #6
    Physical keyboards are slowly dieing. The badass dual core phones that are coming out next year probably won't have keyboards.

    Sent from my stunning rooted droid using tapatalk.
    -Original droid
    -Not worth updating my sig for what rom/kernel i use because i change daily usually (chevy's or cyan)
    -No theme ever
  7. Senior Droid
    dispatch1054's Avatar
    Member #
    67179
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    155
    Phone
    Droid 1, Fascinate --> Droid X
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbeater View Post
    Do you think the new phones coming out will be mch better than the droid 2? Ill wait if its worth it, I prefer to have a keybaord.
    Well the HTC Merge that was supposed to come out this year should be releasing early in the year. It wont be dual core as far as i know, but it'll have a newer processor and will be similar to the G2 on tmobile with a physical keyboard. Dual core phones would be worth waiting for, but as stated most of then wont have physical keyboards. At least not right away. The merge looks nicer than the Droid 2 in my opinion.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Droid X inma pocket!
  8. Droid
    slacker0503's Avatar
    Member #
    46169
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    moto droid w rooted 2.2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dispatch1054 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbeater View Post
    Do you think the new phones coming out will be mch better than the droid 2? Ill wait if its worth it, I prefer to have a keybaord.
    Well the HTC Merge that was supposed to come out this year should be releasing early in the year. It wont be dual core as far as i know, but it'll have a newer processor and will be similar to the G2 on tmobile with a physical keyboard. Dual core phones would be worth waiting for, but as stated most of then wont have physical keyboards. At least not right away. The merge looks nicer than the Droid 2 in my opinion.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Wasn't there some rumor about the solana on this forum? Basically like the etna with a keyboard. If that's real you'll prob have to wait till at least the summer though



    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Limitless DROID - My new DROID blog

    Are you in love with Android? Want to write about it? Go here
  9. Senior Droid
    dispatch1054's Avatar
    Member #
    67179
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    155
    Phone
    Droid 1, Fascinate --> Droid X
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker0503 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dispatch1054 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meatbeater View Post
    Do you think the new phones coming out will be mch better than the droid 2? Ill wait if its worth it, I prefer to have a keybaord.
    Well the HTC Merge that was supposed to come out this year should be releasing early in the year. It wont be dual core as far as i know, but it'll have a newer processor and will be similar to the G2 on tmobile with a physical keyboard. Dual core phones would be worth waiting for, but as stated most of then wont have physical keyboards. At least not right away. The merge looks nicer than the Droid 2 in my opinion.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Wasn't there some rumor about the solana on this forum? Basically like the etna with a keyboard. If that's real you'll prob have to wait till at least the summer though



    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Ahhh that's right! Good thinking. That completely slipped my mind. You're right though. Dates for these things aren't certain so you may be waiting on that one for a little while.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Droid X inma pocket!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help Deciding on Android Phone
    By micjmac in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM
  2. new droid owner soon, need help deciding which one
    By hemi1300 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 01:59 AM
  3. Need help deciding
    By akj27 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 06:12 PM
  4. Need some BB froyo HELP - Deciding Factor
    By hoing in forum Bugless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 09:44 PM
  5. really need help deciding!!
    By Spectral in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 06:26 AM

Search tags for this page

best andoid phone for newbie?
,
best battery life on verizon droid phones
,
when will next generation droid come out
,

when will the next generation droid come out

,
which droid has best battery life
,

which droid to get

,
which droid to get?
,
which droid?
,
which verizon droid has best battery life
,
which verizon droids have the best battery
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+