DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Verizon Motorola Droid FORCED update destroyed my root access and corrupted apps

  1. Master Droid
    Skull One's Avatar
    Member #
    45849
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    760
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4S daily. Droid and DX
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    Now for the key phrase that makes ROOTING illegal on the VZW network
    If your trying to say rooting is illegal, you sir are the ignorant one. It is NOT illegal in any way BY LAW. And Verizon is not the law.

    Here is an article on the judgement if you dont believe me.

    DailyTech - Library of Congress: Jailbreaking, Rooting Phones, Video Montages are Legal

    Please know what your talking about before bashing anyone.
    And this is why I suggested the thread to be CLOSED before anything else ignorant was posted.

    The Library of Congress' ruling states you can not be prosecuted for those actions. It does not in any way, shape or form give you relief from being dropped by your telephone carrier for breaking their rules. You should have actually read every word of the actual submission to the LoC records. I did.

    So my statement concerning the Verizon Customer Agreement is 100% correct. It is illegal on the VZW network. And because of that fact, they can legally drop you the second they discover you have modified the operating system of the phone beyond the point that it is certified for operation on their network. Before the LoC change, they could have also sued and/or prosecuted you for that change.

    I think it is time you take your own advice.
    Facts are the very first casuality of bad information.
  2. Droid
    maddog0331's Avatar
    Member #
    134841
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Some where in FL/NY
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X Rooted
    #32
    So, I guess then if some people are going to think that by rooting your phone and you being the rightful owner, and not allowing you to delete some pre installed apps that at the end 1 they are on the mrket if you want them and 2 the are only trials. So how does that makes you an "owner" at all. It seems like if Verizon wants to control everything that you do with your phone. For example, I know that a lot of us buy cars from dealers and they always advertise their services in "your" car for free (license plate frame or decals). I dont like that and I always take those things off before I even leave the dealer if they dont do it then I dont purchase the car. So if I bring my car back to the dealer for service you are going to tell me that the are going deny me service because I remove the decals or the license plate frame...

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Droid Ninja
    cpjr's Avatar
    Member #
    17607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,598
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull One View Post
    Now for the key phrase that makes ROOTING illegal on the VZW network
    If your trying to say rooting is illegal, you sir are the ignorant one. It is NOT illegal in any way BY LAW. And Verizon is not the law.

    Here is an article on the judgement if you dont believe me.

    DailyTech - Library of Congress: Jailbreaking, Rooting Phones, Video Montages are Legal

    Please know what your talking about before bashing anyone.
    And this is why I suggested the thread to be CLOSED before anything else ignorant was posted.

    The Library of Congress' ruling states you can not be prosecuted for those actions. It does not in any way, shape or form give you relief from being dropped by your telephone carrier for breaking their rules. You should have actually read every word of the actual submission to the LoC records. I did.

    So my statement concerning the Verizon Customer Agreement is 100% correct. It is illegal on the VZW network. And because of that fact, they can legally drop you the second they discover you have modified the operating system of the phone beyond the point that it is certified for operation on their network. Before the LoC change, they could have also sued and/or prosecuted you for that change.

    I think it is time you take your own advice.
    Ok, maybe you need to use proper terminology....ILLEGAL is not the correct term, it is a LEGAL term.....Verizon does NOT make law, therefore they cannot make something "illegal". They frown upon, they dont like it, they can get over it.

    PS- And the fact that they could drop you if they wanted, is only because they have the right as a company to refuse service to anyone they choose, plain and simple. Not because rooting is "illegal".
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-08-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

    Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  4. Droid
    Wongway's Avatar
    Member #
    58327
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #34
    Maddog, don't be ignorant.

    If you were to buy a car and do something like, let's say... install a new stereo and replaced the wiring system with something you say is better or heavier duty, and said wiring system fries and starts a fire in your car. If you take that same car back to the dealer to do warranty work, they (any) dealer would tell you to pound salt.

    You know (or should know) what the terms of service are.
    You know (or should know) what the risks of rooting your device are.

    I haven't even rooted and "I" can plainly see there's warnings ALL OVER THIS SITE that tell you what may or may not happen if/when you root.

    So if you're rooted, and something bad happens because you weren't prepared for it, well, like any smart community, and without sympathy or remorse, we'd all tell you to go pound salt.
  5. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #35
    Supercharging your cars engine isn't illegal, but it voids your warranty. They don't have to fix anything once you modify the car beyond factory specs. This is the same. You know the risks when rooting and there are possible adverse effects and these are well documented.

    This thread has gotten argumentative and doesn't help anyone and I'm closing it down.

    Sent from somewhere...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Root access of you phone after the 2.1 update.
    By radar3d in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 11:12 AM
  2. Replies: 336
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 05:45 AM
  3. Droid Forced Update 2.2
    By supradroid in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 08:34 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
  5. Verizon and Motorola say there's been no Droid update after all
    By Xjokerx304 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 07:51 AM

Search tags for this page

2.6.32.9-g68eeef5

,
android update corrupted motorola
,
motorola droid verizon root
,

root droid pro 2.2.1

,
rooted droid x and mandatory phone updates
,
verizon droid update no longer rooted
,
verizon motorola droid root
,
verizon update corrupted
,
why cant i delete alchemy app from my droid x
,
xjokerx304
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+