DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 4G Pricing

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

4G Pricing

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or if my information is even correct, but I remember reading an article about 4G's pricing and that it was cheaper (for their modems now, nothing about cell phones yet) than their 3G plans because of something about the less traffic I think. Would this have any relation to their 4G plans for our phones and they be cheaper too or am I missing something?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Pricing is:
    prices starting at $50 per month for 5GB of data. Customers can also choose an $80 monthly plan that comes with 10GB. Each additional gigabyte over those limits will cost $10.
    . And apparently, at that same announcement, VZW stated that the first phones won't be available to mid-2011, which is a huge disappointment for me.

Source: Verizon LTE network to go live Dec. 5 | Networking & Wireless | iOS Central | Macworld
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    But that is pricing for their 4G modems right? I'm wondering if their data plans for smart phones will be cheaper because those are cheaper?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Yeah, that is the modem pricing. They haven't announced phone pricing yet (probably will at CES). I hadn't honestly paid attention to current 3G modem pricing, but thought it was similar to phone (other than nasty overages).
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    They'll start rolling out in February.

Quote Originally Posted by harrellj View Post
    Pricing is:
    prices starting at $50 per month for 5GB of data. Customers can also choose an $80 monthly plan that comes with 10GB. Each additional gigabyte over those limits will cost $10.
    . And apparently, at that same announcement, VZW stated that the first phones won't be available to mid-2011, which is a huge disappointment for me.

Source: Verizon LTE network to go live Dec. 5 | Networking & Wireless | iOS Central | Macworld

DroidForums junkie!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ

Links