DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MMS question...need help

  1. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #1

    MMS question...need help

    I do quite a bit of texting. I have moved from a Voyager to my first smartphone and this phone is truly amazing with one exception.

    How do you send a MMS message with sound? Sending pictures and videos is a snap but i would like to be able to send a picture and a sound at the same time. ( I have a picture of my children in front of the christmas tree and a "jingle bell" sound that would go great together for sending to family on Christmas day.)

    Thanks in advance with any help
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    huskur's Avatar
    Member #
    11527
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lower Delaware
    Posts
    1,885
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    I do quite a bit of texting. I have moved from a Voyager to my first smartphone and this phone is truly amazing with one exception.

    How do you send a MMS message with sound? Sending pictures and videos is a snap but i would like to be able to send a picture and a sound at the same time. ( I have a picture of my children in front of the christmas tree and a "jingle bell" sound that would go great together for sending to family on Christmas day.)

    Thanks in advance with any help
    A phone of this magnitude should be able to do this? but how?
  4. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #3
    Hey,

    its easy! Just go to SMS/MMS, go to Compose, and then simply attach the picture you like with menue>attach.....the app makes an MMS from it

    Tigger
  5. Master Droid
    ntrddragn's Avatar
    Member #
    12322
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    863
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Nexus
    #4
    i dont think you can attached a picture and layer it with sound. you can do one or the other.
  6. Senior Droid
    magdream's Avatar
    Member #
    6289
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    I took some pics and video the other day and tried to "share" them and was denied because the files were too large. is there a way to resize/compress them prior to sending them, but not change how they look on the phone?
  7. Master Droid
    jigsawkilr's Avatar
    Member #
    9478
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    284
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Mag, I believe you will need to go to your camera and video settings and reduce your pic quality then it should send.
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr



    "When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

  8. Master Droid
    JayMonster's Avatar
    Member #
    10787
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    776
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by magdream View Post
    I took some pics and video the other day and tried to "share" them and was denied because the files were too large. is there a way to resize/compress them prior to sending them, but not change how they look on the phone?
    Handcent will tell you they are too large and prompt you to resize them, eliminating the need to do so yourself.
  9. Master Droid
    JayMonster's Avatar
    Member #
    10787
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    776
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    I do quite a bit of texting. I have moved from a Voyager to my first smartphone and this phone is truly amazing with one exception.

    How do you send a MMS message with sound? Sending pictures and videos is a snap but i would like to be able to send a picture and a sound at the same time. ( I have a picture of my children in front of the christmas tree and a "jingle bell" sound that would go great together for sending to family on Christmas day.)

    Thanks in advance with any help
    You can do this with the standard messageing app or Handcent (I haven't tried it with any others)... but it is not exactly obvious (which is why it took me a while to figure it out).

    Open Messaging (or Handcent)

    Compose a new message

    Choose Attach

    Select Slideshow

    Go to the first slide and select the picture you want.

    Select Add music

    Choose the audio Track you want to load

    Press Done

    Send to whomever you would like.
  10. Senior Droid
    magdream's Avatar
    Member #
    6289
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    thanks guys.
  11. Droid Ninja
    windstrings's Avatar
    Member #
    1740
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    1,330
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible "past-MotoDrd"
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    You can do this with the standard messageing app or Handcent (I haven't tried it with any others)... but it is not exactly obvious (which is why it took me a while to figure it out).

    Open Messaging (or Handcent)

    Compose a new message

    Choose Attach

    Select Slideshow

    Go to the first slide and select the picture you want.

    Select Add music

    Choose the audio Track you want to load

    Press Done

    Send to whomever you would like.
    Whether adding music to a picture or just adding music.. seems Handcent of even the default messaging only looks in the default "sounds" directory.....

    anybody know how to make it look in any other directory "like music" or such?

    do I really have to move a music file?

    I can go to Astro and send music from there too... but it seems its limited to about 5mb in size.
    The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android voice recorder with mms
,
handcent add audio slideshow
,
how can i put music and a pic togeather to make a mms on my
,
how to add music picture mms
,

how to create mms with music

,
how to make a mms with music
,
how to make a musical slideshow on a razr
,
how to make mms with music
,
how to makw a mms slideshow with picture and music on a sams
,
mms slideshow with music
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+