DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Google voice question (I did search)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Google voice question (I did search)

I followed this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...gle-voice.html

But when I call people, I want it to show them my Verizon number, not my GV number.

How to?

I know it says:

"17) LAST STEP! make sure all of your numbers are in 10-digit format EG: 6195551234 if your numbers are in any other format EG: +16195551234 or 5551234 then your Google voice Number will not show up on their Caller ID INSTEAD your actual carrier # will show up and confuse people if you're trying to use GV as your primary contact number."

But I don't want to sort through all my contacts again to put a 1 in front of the area code.
    I now have a Droid!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Then don't call them through Google voice. Don't understand why you went through all the trouble to integrate it and now u don't want ppl to see it
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by CKyle22 View Post

But when I call people, I want it to show them my Verizon number, not my GV number.

How to?

I know it says:

"17) LAST STEP! make sure all of your numbers are in 10-digit format EG: 6195551234 if your numbers are in any other format EG: +16195551234 or 5551234 then your Google voice Number will not show up on their Caller ID INSTEAD your actual carrier # will show up and confuse people if you're trying to use GV as your primary contact number."

But I don't want to sort through all my contacts again to put a 1 in front of the area code.
    Not sure how you have it set up but mine phone asks me whenever I place a call whether or not I want to display my Google Voice # or my Verizon Wireless number?

Edit I should have mentioned this is when I make any normal call and don't go specifically through Google Voice.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by acturbo View Post

How to?

I know it says:

Not sure how you have it set up but mine phone asks me whenever I place a call whether or not I want to display my Google Voice # or my Verizon Wireless number?

Edit I should have mentioned this is when I make any normal call and don't go specifically through Google Voice.
    Can you post your settings?
    I now have a Droid!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by acturbo View Post

How to?

I know it says:

Can you post your settings?
    I believe to change it all you have to do is open google voice, press the menu key then go to settings, the very first option is "making calls", choose the option that best fits your needs and hopefully that will fix your problem. If you need more info on my settings let me know.

Links