DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Couple of Droid Questions

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Couple of Droid Questions

Just got my Droid and had a few questions since I am new to it (Had an LG Dare)

I transferred a few photos to the Droid via my PC that I wanted on there plus I have taken a couple of pictures, now when i go into Gallery I notice 2 folders (1 says Camera Pictures and 1 says Camera media) both folders contain the same photos. Does this mean the photos are duplicated in my memory? Also a few of the photos I added I wanted to use for Caller ID photos which I took care of. I accidently deleted these photos fromt he gallery but I notice they are still showing up as icons next to my contacts that I assigned them to. Are they now stored int he phone's memory as opposed to the SD card (where they originally were) ?

With my Dare.... whenever I received a text message it showed up on my main screen even if the phone was in sleep mode and it would show up as an unread message when I turned my screen back on. I notice with the droid it does not do this. Is there a way for the pending message to appear on the main screen?

Also when I received a text message with the Dare and if I didnt read it I had the choice to have a notification beep every 15 minutes or so to let me know I have an unread message. I cannot find any setting for this on the Droid.... does it exist?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    not duplicated, just referenced from two albums.

for messaging, i recommend Handcent. you can get it in the marketplace and its both free and awesome. (and does what you are looking for as far as popup texts, not sure about reminders..)

welcome!
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks for the quick Reply Sam - Love the phoen so far
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    First thing get a file manager from the market. You can manage files and folders on the phone. Create folders on your home PC you can drag and drop them onto your memory card.
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

for messaging, i recommend Handcent. you can get it in the marketplace and its both free and awesome. (and does what you are looking for as far as popup texts, not sure about reminders..)

welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman2220 View Post
    First thing get a file manager from the market. You can manage files and folders on the phone. Create folders on your home PC you can drag and drop them onto your memory card.
    Agreed, and agreed. Welcome!! a fellow dare convert!! Ugh I was so disappointed with that phone. So disappointed that I ended up using my brother's upgrade to buy my droid after only having my dare for a few months! Love my droid, it is now competing with my iPod for my attention lol
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post

welcome!
    Agreed, and agreed. Welcome!! a fellow dare convert!! Ugh I was so disappointed with that phone. So disappointed that I ended up using my brother's upgrade to buy my droid after only having my dare for a few months! Love my droid, it is now competing with my iPod for my attention lol
    as long as we are on the topic of ipods, i have another recommendation.. drop that and get a Zune. $15/mo for all you wanna download (with very few exceptions). i downloaded so much in the first few days, that if i didn't download anything else for the rest of the year, i would still save money over itunes. just saying..
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post

welcome!
    as long as we are on the topic of ipods, i have another recommendation.. drop that and get a Zune. $15/mo for all you wanna download (with very few exceptions). i downloaded so much in the first few days, that if i didn't download anything else for the rest of the year, i would still save money over itunes. just saying..
    I can't I just bought it lol, I love my iPod though but the Zune HD doesn't sound too bad, gorgeous screen, HD output, AMOLED display. What kind of video files can it play?

Can't believe I wouldn't even have considered it before buying the Droid. The Droid has definitely opened up my Apple centric (still love 'em as a computer manufacturer though) mind lol
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

welcome!
    Thanks fo rthe info on Hancent - love it. Just one question on that app though. Sometimes I notice since I installed it that my notification for a text message rings twice. It almost seems like I am getting the text message twice now (one in handcent and one in original android format) do I need to disable something so it just works in Hancent?
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captainron19 View Post

welcome!
    Thanks fo rthe info on Hancent - love it. Just one question on that app though. Sometimes I notice since I installed it that my notification for a text message rings twice. It almost seems like I am getting the text message twice now (one in handcent and one in original android format) do I need to disable something so it just works in Hancent?
    Yes. Go to the stock messaging > menu > settings > and disable the notifications check mark.

Links