DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hiding Pictures

  1. Senior Droid
    Bro KV's Avatar
    Member #
    123309
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Hiding Pictures

    I have some pictures on my phone that I don't want people to be able to see (pix of the wife). Right now if someone picked up the phone and went to the gallery they would see them. How would I hide them yet be able to view them?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Developer Relations
    tp7six's Avatar
    Member #
    61666
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,512
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    It can be done by renaming the folder extension (I am not sure what exactly to change it to though) - personally I wouldn't suggest having any questionable photos, especially of your wife on your phone - while a file extension will hide them from plain site, it will not hide them in the case of a lost or stolen phone - and who knows where those pictures might end up

  4. Droid Ninja
    harrellj's Avatar
    Member #
    94200
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,063
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #3
    If you put a file named .nomedia in that folder, anything in there will be hidden from the gallery app. However, that still doesn't hide them on the SD card. There may be an app to allow hiding of files within the file system, but I don't recall the name and I'm fairly certain it doesn't use encryption, just a simple password for protection. As tp76 said, if there's something on there you don't want to fall onto the internet, don't have them on the phone.
  5. Super Moderator
    Bob Dammit's Avatar
    Member #
    14607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N 42 05.183 W 079 10.914
    Posts
    1,718
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    #4
    Bro, you can send them to me for safe keeping...errrr... just kidding.
    PhotoVault ~ Android Application v2.15.0 By Pacific Software Solutions, Inc. | Tools
    HideNSeek ~ Android Application v2.23 By Andrew Schwimmer | Tools
    Free Data Vault ~ Android Application v1.3 By Android Mart | Tools
    StrongBox ~ Android Application v2.2.1 By Larry McCarty | Tools

    But like everyone has already said, all these apps do is put your pics/vids/etc in a hidden folder, and a file manager or computer will find them with out an issue.
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  6. Master Droid
    SGTiger's Avatar
    Member #
    2353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    511
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro KV View Post
    I have some pictures on my phone that I don't want people to be able to see (pix of the wife). Right now if someone picked up the phone and went to the gallery they would see them. How would I hide them yet be able to view them?
    Photovault is my favorite.
  7. Senior Droid
    Bro KV's Avatar
    Member #
    123309
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dammit View Post
    Bro, you can send them to me for safe keeping...errrr... just kidding.
    PhotoVault ~ Android Application v2.15.0 By Pacific Software Solutions, Inc. | Tools
    HideNSeek ~ Android Application v2.23 By Andrew Schwimmer | Tools
    Free Data Vault ~ Android Application v1.3 By Android Mart | Tools
    StrongBox ~ Android Application v2.2.1 By Larry McCarty | Tools

    But like everyone has already said, all these apps do is put your pics/vids/etc in a hidden folder, and a file manager or computer will find them with out an issue.
    LOL, thanks for the info. I am not so worried about them getting to the internet. I am more worried about the kids picking up the phone and seeing their mom doing the nasty.
  8. Super Moderator
    Bob Dammit's Avatar
    Member #
    14607
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N 42 05.183 W 079 10.914
    Posts
    1,718
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro KV View Post
    LOL, thanks for the info. I am not so worried about them getting to the internet. I am more worried about the kids picking up the phone and seeing their mom doing the nasty.
    If thats the case, any of the 4 apps I linked, or the .nomedia trick would work then.
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  9. Master Droid
    Canadroid's Avatar
    Member #
    120276
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    Moto D2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dammit View Post
    Bro, you can send them to me for safe keeping...errrr... just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro KV View Post
    LOL, thanks for the info. I am not so worried about them getting to the internet. I am more worried about the kids picking up the phone and seeing their mom doing the nasty.
    Bob you overzealous Mod, you.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hiding files on the dx
    By milimar in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
  2. Hiding pic's
    By Traydoggz in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
  3. Hiding Photos Possible?
    By SSDriod in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 02:22 PM
  4. It's time to come out of hiding...
    By dino98 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 02:02 PM
  5. Lurker out of hiding
    By Chris-pee in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Search tags for this page

find hidden pictures atrix 2
,
hiding pics on atrix
,

hiding pictures

,
how do you put pictures on a file on an atrix 2
,
how to hide files on motorola atrix
,
how to hide pics on atrix hd
,
how to hide pictures on atrix hd
,

how to hide pictures on motorola atrix

,
how to protect pictures in motorola atrix
,

how to recover pictures from vaulty

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+