DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Upgrading to Droid / 3rd Party Retailers / $139.99 Family Plan

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Upgrading to Droid / 3rd Party Retailers / $139.99 Family Plan

My contract with Verizon was up in October and Iím due for an upgrade. I currently have a Blackberry and looking to make the switch to the Incredible. My wife has an old ENV2 and is looking to upgrade to a Droid 2.

If I get these through VZW direct, Iím looking at about $119.99 after rebate and my $30 NE2 for both phones. If I go through a 3rd party (Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Wirefly) Iíd be looking at a cost of around $0-$10.

Iím still undecided on how I feel about dealing with the 3rd party retailers as opposed to VZW direct. I read a lot of conflicting stories both good and bad.

At the same time, Iím also interested in the $139.99 plan that Verizon is offering right now for 1,400 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data. I didnít receive the promotion email direct, but have read of the many success stories of those that have called and were switched to this plan. And I figured I had a good shot of getting this plan since my contract is up and Iíd be adding a new smartphone to the account.

Is there any way to get the $139.99 plan and go through a 3rd party? Is that even possible? Iíd hate to get hit with a penalty from a 3rd party dealer.

I wasnít sure if I could call VZW and have them switch me to the $139.99 plan and then upgrade the phones through a 3rd party after my plan is changed. Would I still be able to keep that $139.99 plan?

AlsoÖ take Wirefly for instance, keeping my ďexisting planĒ isnít an option for me on their website. But I see that Amazon has this option. But it then makes me add a data plan for $29.99. Would the discount for the $139.99 plan still be in effect?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MyTouch 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by wahhutch9 View Post
    My contract with Verizon was up in October and Iím due for an upgrade. I currently have a Blackberry and looking to make the switch to the Incredible. My wife has an old ENV2 and is looking to upgrade to a Droid 2.

If I get these through VZW direct, Iím looking at about $119.99 after rebate and my $30 NE2 for both phones. If I go through a 3rd party (Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Wirefly) Iíd be looking at a cost of around $0-$10.

Iím still undecided on how I feel about dealing with the 3rd party retailers as opposed to VZW direct. I read a lot of conflicting stories both good and bad.

At the same time, Iím also interested in the $139.99 plan that Verizon is offering right now for 1,400 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data. I didnít receive the promotion email direct, but have read of the many success stories of those that have called and were switched to this plan. And I figured I had a good shot of getting this plan since my contract is up and Iíd be adding a new smartphone to the account.

Is there any way to get the $139.99 plan and go through a 3rd party? Is that even possible? Iíd hate to get hit with a penalty from a 3rd party dealer.

I wasnít sure if I could call VZW and have them switch me to the $139.99 plan and then upgrade the phones through a 3rd party after my plan is changed. Would I still be able to keep that $139.99 plan?

AlsoÖ take Wirefly for instance, keeping my ďexisting planĒ isnít an option for me on their website. But I see that Amazon has this option. But it then makes me add a data plan for $29.99. Would the discount for the $139.99 plan still be in effect?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi wahhutch9 - To answer your questions about ordering through Wirefly, we would be able to offer you the same devices as Verizon Wireless and usually at lower prices. We can offer you the same rate plans as Verizon except for their specialized and grandfathered plans. As long as you keep your phones activated on the plan we provide to you for the first 181 days you can switch to any other plan youíd like without worrying about breaking our terms and conditions. If you have further questions please refer to our Terms of Purchase.

http://www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms/

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    [/quote]

Hi wahhutch9 - To answer your questions about ordering through Wirefly, we would be able to offer you the same devices as Verizon Wireless and usually at lower prices. We can offer you the same rate plans as Verizon except for their specialized and grandfathered plans. As long as you keep your phones activated on the plan we provide to you for the first 181 days you can switch to any other plan youíd like without worrying about breaking our terms and conditions. If you have further questions please refer to our Terms of Purchase.

http://www.wirefly.com/about/purchaseterms/

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I just sent you a message
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    See my reply where you cross posted on the "Big Red" thread under Droid News.

Links