DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: iPhone games look and feel so much better

  1. Droid
    JCapricorn's Avatar
    Member #
    1054
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    iPhone games look and feel so much better

    Will the arrival of Flash for the Droid help create games that don't lag and feel so, "PC", (for lack of a better word.)?

    All the games on my iTouch look great and def. don't lag at all or force close suddenly for no reason. In my experience, Mac stuff simply works and the droid def. feels like a dang PC. *shrug* I like my Droid and would never consider AT&T, but the apps avail. for the iPhone are so much better.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    ronimous's Avatar
    Member #
    3239
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    108
    Phone
    OG Droid/Thunderbot/Galaxy Nex
    #2
    Seriously, how much is Apple paying you guys to come here and say "I have a Droid, but I like the Iphone better."

    I see several posts like this everyday. Doesn't pass the smell test....
  4. Beta Team
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    Member #
    6336
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    116
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @bbcrackman
    Phone
    too many.....
    #3
    That is really not a fair comparison. The IPhone apps and IPod apps are 4 years in the making. I had one of the first IPhones and I have to say the selection was limited and pitiful in the beginning as well, if I do say so myself. Given time the Android app selection and quality will increase as well. Though I do have to say that it is not as bad as some.
  5. Droid
    JCapricorn's Avatar
    Member #
    1054
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    I def. have a Droid. I do not have an I phone. I have the iTouch. I would never use AT&T. The Droid in many, many way is far superior to the the iTouch. Being able to run multiple apps is a huge bonus. I love being able to fully customize every aspect of the droid. From widgets to individual setting, it's awesome. The screen feels 100 times better than the iTouch. All three keyboards are awesome and only had a short learning curve. I remember when I first started typing on the iTouch adn it was a total pain in the ass. Not so with the droid. And the camera and video is also kick ass!

    That being said, the games all suck for the most part and was very disappointed when Gameloft bailed. I'm sure time will help with developers. I just needed to vent and point that out.

    I could go on and on about why I think the Droid is a better device than the iPhone/iTouch. It's the ap department that is a little disappointing.
  6. Beta Team
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    Member #
    6336
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    116
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @bbcrackman
    Phone
    too many.....
    #5
    Well the latest news is Gameloft is back in.....
  7. Droid
    JCapricorn's Avatar
    Member #
    1054
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6

    Reuters reported on game developers cutting back on investments in developing games for the android platform. Because of the varying devices that can run android, it makes it difficult for a game developer to create software that will run uniformly on all of those devices. This would have been bad news but GameLoft has announced that it will be releasing mobile games in high def. for certain android devices. The Droid and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to be more specific.
    Because of the technological capacity and speed of execution, there is a much better and more marketable platform for game developement. Until the Android gets to the level iPhone is at, if it ever does, you can expect a string of low-budget throwaway games. This is hopefully a positive step for the android OS.


    Android Games From GameLoft – Advanced High Definition Games Launch Planned For The OS | izGadget
  8. Droid
    ThisIsMyName's Avatar
    Member #
    12287
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    93
    Phone
    Samsung Stratosphere
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JCapricorn View Post
    Will the arrival of Flash for the Droid help create games that don't lag and feel so, "PC", (for lack of a better word.)?

    All the games on my iTouch look great and def. don't lag at all or force close suddenly for no reason. In my experience, Mac stuff simply works and the droid def. feels like a dang PC. *shrug* I like my Droid and would never consider AT&T, but the apps avail. for the iPhone are so much better.
    I just started using my Droid, but I haven't noticed any lag at all and all of the decent apps seem to run smoothly. What are you running when you lag/have to force quit?
    Nokia Shorty -> Razr -> Palm Centro -> Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Droid -> Droid 2 -> Thunderbolt -> Droid 2 -> Droid 3 -> Samsung Stratosphere
  9. Super Moderator
    New2u's Avatar
    Member #
    21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    3,628
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    That is really not a fair comparison. The IPhone apps and IPod apps are 4 years in the making. I had one of the first IPhones and I have to say the selection was limited and pitiful in the beginning as well, if I do say so myself. Given time the Android app selection and quality will increase as well. Though I do have to say that it is not as bad as some.
    +1 on this comment. You cannot compare the two. Two totally different playing fields.
    Resistance is futile.

    On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  10. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,044
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JCapricorn View Post

    Reuters reported on game developers cutting back on investments in developing games for the android platform. Because of the varying devices that can run android, it makes it difficult for a game developer to create software that will run uniformly on all of those devices. This would have been bad news but GameLoft has announced that it will be releasing mobile games in high def. for certain android devices. The Droid and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to be more specific.
    Because of the technological capacity and speed of execution, there is a much better and more marketable platform for game developement. Until the Android gets to the level iPhone is at, if it ever does, you can expect a string of low-budget throwaway games. This is hopefully a positive step for the android OS.


    Android Games From GameLoft Advanced High Definition Games Launch Planned For The OS | izGadget
    This has since changed...thats old news.

    Gameloft has since re-entered the Android arena.
  11. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,044
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ronimous View Post
    Seriously, how much is Apple paying you guys to come here and say "I have a Droid, but I like the Iphone better."

    I see several posts like this everyday. Doesn't pass the smell test....
    ronimous it comes with the territory..

    The Droid is a very popular device.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 3D Droid render wallpapers, feel free to use...
    By nadafinga in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
  2. I Feel Stupid!! But, Please Help!
    By jeffreychrist in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 08:28 AM
  3. Android vs iPhone games
    By andjarnic in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
  4. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve
    By ToddP0530 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 09:21 AM

Search tags for this page

bad android

,
developing games
,
game and software logo
,
game developer logos
,
iphone games are so much better
,
much better games on iphone
,

why are games so much better on iphone

,
why are iphone games so much better
,
why do iphone games look so good?
,
why do iphones games look better
,

why do iphones look so much better

,
why does games feel laggy on android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+