DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: iPhone games look and feel so much better

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid

Why did gameloft bail and..

Quote Originally Posted by JCapricorn View Post
    I def. have a Droid. I do not have an I phone. I have the iTouch. I would never use AT&T. The Droid in many, many way is far superior to the the iTouch. Being able to run multiple apps is a huge bonus. I love being able to fully customize every aspect of the droid. From widgets to individual setting, it's awesome. The screen feels 100 times better than the iTouch. All three keyboards are awesome and only had a short learning curve. I remember when I first started typing on the iTouch adn it was a total pain in the ass. Not so with the droid. And the camera and video is also kick ass!

That being said, the games all suck for the most part and was very disappointed when Gameloft bailed. I'm sure time will help with developers. I just needed to vent and point that out.

I could go on and on about why I think the Droid is a better device than the iPhone/iTouch. It's the ap department that is a little disappointing.
    I have an iTouch as well and the apps are leap years ahead of my Droid. Any 'sane' developer would port their apps to the Droid for Verizon will sell one million units by year end(!)
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    please don't shoot the messanger. I own a iphone 3gs and the droid. don't ask...
    seriously I love the droid, even with it's lousy bluetooth voice dialing feature. but I agree with the OP. Nearly all my iphone games are truly great. I have not found a single android game that's comparable to the iphone games. example: the iphone texas holdem game, which was realeased in the app store when the app store originally came on line looks amazing!! real video clips of other players and a slick interface. I have not found any "great" holdem games for the android. sure there a plenty of poker games avail in the market but not great. there are many other examples of great looking games not avail for android but I will hold off comparing til later.
    again I love the droid even with it's shortcomings but the iphone def has better games.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I sold my iPod Touch 3rd generation because I thought the Droid would fill the same needs. I absolutely love the phone, but I really do miss having actual games to play like I did on the Touch. It is still very early on, so I haven't lost hope.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid-->Droid Bionic-->S4
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDroid View Post
    I have an iTouch as well and the apps are leap years ahead of my Droid. Any 'sane' developer would port their apps to the Droid for Verizon will sell one million units by year end(!)
    I think it is only a matter of time before we start to see that happening. I wonder how much re-coding the developers will need to do to get some games up and running on the droid? It would also be very nice to see a dev to take advantage of the gpu on there too.
    Last edited by Anomander; 12-16-2009 at 09:26 AM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
    I have not found a single android game that's comparable to the iphone games. example: the iphone texas holdem game, which was realeased in the app store when the app store originally came on line looks amazing!! real video clips of other players and a slick interface. I have not found any "great" holdem games for the android. sure there a plenty of poker games avail in the market but not great.
    I also have an iPhone (3G) and just recently got the Milestone. No doubt the iPhone has the gaming advantage (maybe the only advantage it has?). I'm with you on the Texas Hold'em game - I got it the moment it became available and have played it almost every day since. In fact I still play it, having a highscore of around 170,000,000, hehe. :-P Like you said, unfortunately no Android Hold'em game comes even remotely close to it.

However, I really enjoy the Snesoid emulator on the Milestone, playing one of my all time favourite games; The Lost Vikings - which I have completed many times in the past (even on emulators on other phones), but to my amazement I found that The Lost Vikings II actually plays perfectly on this emulator. I've never played the sequal before, so I am really having a great time with this awesome game! And even though I am not able to access the payed version of Snesoid (lite version missing save/load states), it really does not matter in some games like The Lost Vikings which has passwords for each level

Sure the graphics are a bit nineties, but the gameplay is unbeatable in some of these old console games, IMO.
    Last edited by Raven; 12-16-2009 at 11:10 AM.
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    agreed Raven:

been playing Super Mario World, FF3, and Rayman lately
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Anyone who had an iphone or ipod touch when they were first released knows that there wasnt even an app store for a several months before some awesome develpoers jailbroke the software. Be sure to keep that in mind when you're using this first 'real 'android phone. I give it a month after everyone gets one for christmas, then we can start comparing.
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droid d'oh View Post
    Anyone who had an iphone or ipod touch when they were first released knows that there wasnt even an app store for a several months before some awesome develpoers jailbroke the software. Be sure to keep that in mind when you're using this first 'real 'android phone. I give it a month after everyone gets one for christmas, then we can start comparing.
    we really need games with on-screen multitouch controls (including a "joystick") like many iphone games have....
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links