DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 141

Thread: How to download roms from your phone and play games

  1. Master Droid
    LordKastle's Avatar
    Member #
    4250
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    790
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #11
    Astro File Manager.
  2. Droid
    Fresh330's Avatar
    Member #
    2996
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #12
    this makes no sense

    first of all, the droid won't let you download these roms because it doesn't recognize the file (although you can hack around it by using 'Download Crutch Lite' app)

    second, 'astro' is an astronomy program, kinda like google sky, what this has to do with roms i have no idea...


    what does work is just downloading the roms using your regular computer and dumping in a directory somewhere on your sd
    Why must you jump the gun? Give it a try first before you post.

    BTW it works. It's sweet when Super Mario Music starts blasting from my Droid while I'm at work. THANKS haha.
  3. Droid
    shadykid81's Avatar
    Member #
    10830
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    shadyside, ohio
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Droid X
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by volando View Post
    this makes no sense

    first of all, the droid won't let you download these roms because it doesn't recognize the file (although you can hack around it by using 'Download Crutch Lite' app)

    second, 'astro' is an astronomy program, kinda like google sky, what this has to do with roms i have no idea...


    what does work is just downloading the roms using your regular computer and dumping in a directory somewhere on your sd
    OK first, I said in the how to that u may need to download crutch to enable ur phone to download roms. Second, astro is file download program letting u extract the zip file that u downloaded. Sorry I did not specify astro download manager. Everyone that has tried this how to has had no problems using it. Try it out before criticizing something u are not knowledgeable about. You can download roms st8 to ur phone without a computer and play games. Its not that hard
  4. Droid Newbie
    harperrb's Avatar
    Member #
    11986
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #14
    Hey, ive downloaded three emulators (SNES, NES, Gameboid) and downloaded a few roms with my computer and placed the roms on my SD card, but the files do not appear when I try to open in the correct emulator. All have no files.
  5. Senior Droid
    volando's Avatar
    Member #
    1196
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    229
    Phone
    DROID
    #15
    i tried searching astro it didn't come up with the file manager, weird... anyways, you don't need to unzip them as most emulators take zips directly...

    sorry, didn't notice you mentioned crutch
  6. Droid
    shadykid81's Avatar
    Member #
    10830
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    shadyside, ohio
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Droid X
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by harperrb View Post
    Hey, ive downloaded three emulators (SNES, NES, Gameboid) and downloaded a few roms with my computer and placed the roms on my SD card, but the files do not appear when I try to open in the correct emulator. All have no files.
    Just follow the directions given on first post exactly and you will find the roms. You dont need to use a computer to download the roms. I've never done it that way. Everything was done with my phone.
  7. Droid
    shadykid81's Avatar
    Member #
    10830
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    shadyside, ohio
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Droid X
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by volando View Post
    i tried searching astro it didn't come up with the file manager, weird... anyways, you don't need to unzip them as most emulators take zips directly...

    sorry, didn't notice you mentioned crutch
    Yes some rom's dont need unzipped but some do. Here is the download manager.
    ASTRO File Manager Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews
  8. Droid
    Prodigy4's Avatar
    Member #
    8389
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Much Love To The SFC
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    Moto Droid...cmon now
    #18
    excellent! thanks alot! it works perfectly!
  9. Banned
    DroidMastar's Avatar
    Member #
    3450
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #19
    Hey thanks... this is really helpful because i was wondering where the hell the zip went... guess i will look for it now. Cool stuff sir!!
  10. Droid
    shadykid81's Avatar
    Member #
    10830
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    shadyside, ohio
    Posts
    34
    Phone
    Droid X
    #20
    Ur most welcome
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Question about custom ROMS...
    By SwordOfWar in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
  2. need help with emulators and dwld, roms
    By carlosg219 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. Cant download pics from computer to phone gallery...help please
    By nadinepa97 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
  4. legality of old game Roms
    By crazboy84 in forum Android Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Search tags for this page

download roms for android
,
how to download roms for android
,

how to download roms on android

,
how to download roms to android
,
how to download roms to droid
,

how to get roms on android

,
how to play roms on android
,
how to unzip roms on android
,
rom downloader for android
,
rom games for android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+